Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 6-7-8 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liners Current Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India, alongside the announcement of the bi-monthly monetary policy statement, proposed the introduction of a Voluntary Retention Route (VRR) to encourage Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs) willing to undertake long-term investments.
- As part of efforts to cut down gold imports and lower the current account deficit, the government on Monday launched the Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme FY19. The scheme retains the incentives offered in the earlier tranche—of 2.5% interest rate and capital gains tax exemption on redemption.
- Federal Bank Monday said the Reserve Bank has approved proposal to sell up to 45 per cent stake in NBFC arm Fedfina to private equity firm True North.
- OYO – South Asia’s largest and world’s fastest growing hotel chain – has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Uttarakhand.
- HDFC Bank on Monday announced the launch of its ‘Accelerator Engagement Programme’ (AEP) under the Bank’s Centre of Digital Excellence (CODE). In this first-of-its-kind programme, HDFC Bank will partner with leading start-up accelerators from across the world to gain early access to potential fintech ideas and innovative solutions in the area of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), analytics, and robotic process automation etc.
- The Union Government has decided to cover damages done to crops in case of wild animal attacks under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna in select districts on an experimental basis.
- Arunachal Pradesh Government today launched the Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojana and Chief Minister’s Krishi Samuh Yojana in Itanagar.
- The Union Ministry of Railways on October 5, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Russia’s Ministry of Transport for the development of cooperation in transport education.
- A 10-member panel set up by the corporate affairs ministry last week will examine the trends in digital economy, including steep discounts in online retailing and whether the e-tailers are subject to any restrictions in their access to dealerships from manufacturers.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on October 4, 2018 signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the UN Environment for coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Maharashtra government has launched a website and an application for collectively analyzing the rainfall, crop situation and underground water level using modern technology.
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) on October 6, 2018 announced the schedule for the elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram and Telangana.
- The third edition of Japan–India Maritime Exercise (JIMEX), JIMEX 18, began on October 7, 2018 at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik on October 6, 2018 launched ‘Nirman Kusuma’ programme to provide financial assistance to the children of the construction workers for their technical education in the state.
- A non-governmental organisation (NGO) ‘Habitat for Humanity India’ would be building and repairing over 6,000 homes of those affected by the unprecedented floods in Kerala.
- The Union government has granted Geographical Indication (GI) tag to the Alphonso Mango from Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg and other adjoining areas in Maharashtra. The move will help identify the authenticity of this variety of fruit.
- D Prasanth Kumar Reddy has been appointed as private secretary (PS) to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, according to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry on Monday.
- Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as the ambassador and India’s permanent representative to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament in Geneva.
- US economists William Nordhaus and Paul Romer on Monday shared the 2018 Nobel Economics Prize for integrating innovation and climate with economic growth, the jury said.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on October 7, 2018 presented the Ramineni Foundation’s outstanding person award to badminton coach Pullela Gopichand.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) on October 8, 2018 celebrated 86th Air Force Day with an aim to pay rich tribute to the untiring efforts and supreme sacrifice made by veterans, who laid a strong foundation for the service.
- World Space Week observed from 4th to 10th of October, 2018. The theme for World Space Week 2018 is “Space Unites the World.”
- Indian Naval Officer Abhilash Tomy, who was under medical observation at Ile Amsterdam, was brought to Visakhapatnam safely onboard INS Satpura on October 6, 2018. He was immediately shifted to the naval hospital for observation and medical assistance.
- Thangjam Tababi Devi became India’s first judo medallist at the Olympic level, claiming a silver at the ongoing Youth Games after losing to Venezuela’s Maria Giminez in the finals of the women’s 44kg category.