Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 5 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 5 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liners Current Affairs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on October 5, 2018 released its Fourth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2018-19. Keep the policy Repo Rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.5 percent. The Reverse Repo Rate under the LAF remains at 6.25 percent. The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate stand at 6.75 percent.
- India and Russia on October 5, 2018 signed a USD 5.43 billion deal for India to procure the S-400 Triumf missile system from Russia.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed state-owned Oil Marketing Companies (OMC) to borrow long-term working capital from overseas.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully undertook series of flight trials of Astra Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVR-AAM) from September 26 to October 3, 2018.
- Post the second IORA Renewable Energy Ministerial Meeting, 21 countries of the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) on September 4, 2018 adopted the Delhi Declaration on Renewable Energy in the Indian Ocean Region.
- Indian Railway launched a committed program to increase the green cover in all public utility spaces like railway stations and mass contact offices besides other working premises and railway colonies.
- India launched ‘Operation Samudra Maitri’ to assist victims of earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi Province of Indonesia.
- The government Friday appointed former Canara Bank managing director Rakesh Sharma as head of IDBI Bank.
- Justice Surya Kant was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Himachal High Court, nearly nine months after the Supreme Court collegium recommended his name for the post.
- The 2018 Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.
- The World Teachers’ Day was observed across the world on October 5, 2018. The 2018 theme of the Day was ‘The right to education means the right to a qualified teacher’.