Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily One Liner Current Affairs 9 October 2018. These are important for the upcoming Indian Bank PO, NIACL Assistant and IBPS PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 9 October 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Financial One Liners Current Affairs
- The Reserve Bank Tuesday announced it will inject Rs 12,000 crore liquidity into the system through purchase of government bonds on October 11 to meet the festival season demand for funds.
- India’s growth rate is predicted to increase to 7.3 per cent in 2018 and 7.4 per cent in 2019, as per the latest World Economic Outlook report released by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on October 9, 2018. In 2017, India had recorded a growth rate of 6.7 per cent.
- The National Housing Bank (NHB) has decided to increase the Refinance limit to Rs 30000 crore from Rs 24000 crore.
Non-financial One Liner Current Affairs
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) plans to set up ‘Aadhaar Seva Kendras’, similar to the concept of Passport Seva Kendras, covering 53 cities across India at an estimated project cost of Rs 300-400 crore, official sources said.
- Union Minister for Shipping, Road Transport & Highways and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation stone for the development work of Ghagra River as National Waterway-40 on October 9, 2018 at Basti in Uttar Pradesh.
- India and Tajikistan signed MoUs in various fields including political relations, strategic research, agriculture, renewable energy, traditional medicine, space technology, youth affairs, Culture and Disaster Management.
- JP Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, inaugurated ‘2nd World Conference on Access to Medical Products: Achieving the SDGs 2030’ on October 9, 2018.
- The Union Government on October 8, 2018 constituted the Strategic Policy Group, headed by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, to assist the National Security Council.
- Google is shutting down its Google+ social network after it covered up a gaping security hole that exposed the personal data of half a million internet users.
- The ‘Break Free From Plastic Movement’ on October 9, 2018 revealed that Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Nestle are among the companies that contribute most to ocean pollution with single-use plastics.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) approved a Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C on October 6, 2018 at Incheon, South Korea.
- US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo and North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un made significant progress towards an agreement for the North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons.
- The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) was awarded the ‘ISSA Good Practice Award’ for administrative solution for coverage extension at the ‘Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific’ held recently at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Manu Bhaker became the first shooter from India to claim a gold medal at the Youth Olympic Games taking place in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Tuesday with a spectacular performance in what is being seen as a comeback after a disappointing Asian Games.
- The World Post Day was observed across the world on October 9, 2018, thus, marking the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874 in the Swiss Capital, Bern.