Hello and welcome to exampundit. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Newly launched LEAP and ARPIT Programme. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams.
So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
About LEAP and ARPIT Programme
Satya Pal Singh, Minister of State for Human Resource Development, launched two new initiatives, namely, the Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) and the Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT) on November 13, 2018 for higher education faculty.
While LEAP is a three weeks flagship leadership development training programme for second level academic functionaries in higher education institutions. ARPIT is a unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty.
Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP)
Leadership for Academicians Programme (LEAP) is a three weeks (2 weeks domestic and one week foreign training) flagship leadership development training programme for second level academic functionaries in public funded higher education institutions.
LEAP will make Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) perform their roles of developing better students who will be future torch bearers.
Important Facts about LEAP Programme
The main objective is to prepare second tier academic heads who are potentially likely to assume leadership roles in the future.
It would provide senior faculty the required leadership and managerial skills including skills of problem-solving, handling stress, team building work, conflict management, communication, understanding the complexity and challenges of governance in HEIs and general administration.
It will be implemented through 15 NIRF top ranked Indian Institutions namely, IIT Roorkee; IIT Kanpur; NIT Trichy; IISER Kolkata; JNU; IIT (BHU); Delhi University; IIT Bombay; TISS Mumbai; University of Hyderabad ; NIEPA, IIT Kharagpur; Jamia Milia Islamia; BHU; and AMU.
The foreign universities identified for the training are also within the top 100 in the world global rankings.
The foreign collaborating institutions are University of Michigan; NTU Singapore; Harvard University; Purdue University, USA ; University of Chicago; University of Pennsylvania; Monash University; Oxford University; University of Cambridge and University of Virginia.
Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT)
Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching (ARPIT) is a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 15 lakh higher education faculty using the MOOCs platform SWAYAM.
Important Facts about ARPIT Programme
For implementing ARPIT, 75 discipline-specific institutions have been identified and notified as National Resource Centres (NRCs) in the first phase.
These instituted are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
In 2018, the inaugural year itself, the NRCs are expected to cater to around 13 lakh faculty of the total 15 lakh faculty in higher education.
The course is a 40 hour module with 20 hours of video content and 20 hours of non-video content.
The courses will remain open from November 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019.
The training materials will be uploaded and made available through SWAYAM.
More about ARPIT Programme
- There are built-in assessment exercises and activities as part of the academic progression in the course.
- At the end of the course, there will be a terminal assessment which can be either online or a written examination.
- All faculties who have successfully completed the online refresher course will be certified.
- All in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority are requested to register and complete these refresher courses which will help them in career advancement.
- ARPIT will be an ongoing exercise so that every year NRCs will continuously develop new refresher module in their earmarked discipline each year.
- NRC will publish the list of the faculty who have been certified.
Important Terms related to LEAP and ARPIT Programme
- LEAP: Leadership for Academicians Programme
- HEIs: Higher Education Institutions
- ARPIT: Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching
- SWAYAM: Study Webs of Active –Learning for Young Aspiring Minds
- MOOCs: Massive Open Online Courses
- NRCs: National Resource Centers
If you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!