Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2018. These are important for the upcoming Canara Bank PO and Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Current Affairs relate to India and states
Delhi Police launches e-learning portal ‘NIPUN’ for training its personnel
- Delhi Police launched e-learning portal ‘NIPUN’ to impart training and provide up to date information to police officers.
- The initiative is aimed at imparting in-service online training and information to police personnel through specialised courses available online.
- The online courses on NIPUN portal have been designed in collaboration with University Grant Commission (UGC), FICCI, NHRC, NCPCR and Janaki Devi Memorial College, Delhi University under project CLAP “The Collaborative Learning and Partnership”.
- Delhi Legal Service Authority consented to be partner in developing specific courses for the Delhi Police.
- Through this portal, Delhi Police officers can access information by just logging on the portal.
Department of Biotechnology, Cancer Research UK sign MoU for India-UK Cancer Research Initiative
- The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of India and Cancer Research UK on November 14, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the India-UK India-UK Cancer Research Initiative.
- The India-UK Cancer Research Initiative is a collaborative 5-year bilateral research initiative by the Department of Biotechnology under Union Ministry of Science and Technology and Cancer Research UK (CRUK).
- The Initiative was launched at the Inaugural Researchers’ Summit, which was held in New Delhi from November 14 to November 16, 2018.
- The signing of MoU comes as a follow up of the joint statement issued by the Prime Ministers of India and United Kingdom during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to UK on April 18, 2018.
- At that time, India’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Cancer Research UK proposed to launch a 10 million pounds bilateral research initiative which will focus on low cost approaches to cancer treatment.
India, China hold 9th Annual Defence & Security Dialogue after one-year gap
- Top officials of India and China held the ninth Annual Defence and Security Dialogue here after a one-year gap due to the Doklam standoff, as both countries agreed to enhance military exchanges and interactions.
- The dialogue on November 13 was held between the two defence delegations headed by Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra and China’s Deputy Chief of Joint Staff Department of the Central Military Commission.
- At the talks both sides agreed on enhancing defence exchanges and interactions at different levels between the two militaries, a press release by the Indian Embassy here said on Thursday.
Delhi Government to have 13 fitness testing centres for autos
- The State Transport Department proposed to decentralise the lone auto-rickshaw testing unit in Delhi.
- This comes after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal pulled up officials for not having enough anti-corruption measures in place.
- Under the decentralisation plan, the department proposed to open auto-rickshaw fitness testing units at 13 motor licensing offices across Delhi.
Current Affairs relate to Finance and Banking
Union Agriculture Ministry launches NCDC’s ‘Yuva Sahakar Scheme’ to promote young entrepreneurs
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Radha Mohan Singh on November 14, 2018 launched the ‘Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme’ of the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- The NCDC has come up with this youth-friendly scheme for attracting youth to cooperative business ventures. It has created a dedicated fund with liberal features enabling youth to avail the scheme.
- The scheme will be linked to Rs 1000 crore ‘Cooperative Start-up and Innovation Fund (CSIF)’ created by the NCDC.
- It would have more incentives for cooperatives of North Eastern region, Aspirational Districts and cooperatives with women or SC or ST or PwD members.
- The funding for the project will be up to 80 percent of the project cost for these special categories against 70 percent for others.
- The scheme envisages 2 percent less than the applicable rate of interest on term loan for the project cost up to Rs 3 crore including 2 years moratorium on payment of principal.
- All types of cooperatives in operation for at least one year are eligible to avail of the scheme.
- It would encourage cooperatives to venture into new and innovative areas.
- The scheme is expected to meet the needs of youth.
Ashok Chawla steps down as non-executive chairman of YES Bank
- Two members of the board of directors at YES Bank have resigned with immediate effect — Ashok Chawla, its non-executive chairman, and Vasant Gujarati.
- The bank, fourth largest among private lenders, has appointed Uttam Prakash Agarwal, a chartered accountant, as an independent director in place of Gujarati. The appointment will have to be confirmed at the next shareholder meeting.
- YES Bank is also in the process of selecting a new managing director and chief executive, to succeed Rana Kapoor, the incumbent one.
- In September, the Reserve Bank of India had rejected its request to grant another three-year term commencing September 1 to Kapoor. The central bank later directed that a successor to Kapoor be appointed by February 1, 2019.
Current Affairs relate to Appointments
UNICEF appoints Indian athlete Hima Das as India’s first ever Youth Ambassador
- The United Nations Children’s Fund-India (UNICEF) on November 14, 2018 appointed Asian Games gold-medalist sprinter Hima Das as India’s first ever Youth Ambassador.
- UNICEF India works along with the Central Government to ensure that children born in India get the best start in life, thrive and develop to his or her full potential.
- Recently, Hima clinched a Gold medal in Women’s 4×400 metre relay event at the 2018 Asian Games, held from August 18 to September 2, 2018 at Jakarta, Indonesian. She also won Silver in the Women’s 400m Race event with a clock timing of 50.59 seconds.
S K Seth sworn-in as Chief Justice of Madhya Pradesh High Court
- Justice S K Seth took oath as Chief Justice of the Madhya Pradesh High Court on November 14, 2018.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel administered the oath of office to Justice Seth.
- With this, Justice Seth becomes the 24th Chief Justice of the MP High Court.
- Justice Seth is also the senior-most judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
Election Commission appoints Ashish Kundra as Chief Electoral Officer of Mizoram
- The Election Commission appointed Ashish Kundra as the New Chief Electoral Officer of Mizoram, replacing the present incumbent SB Shashank.
- Kundra is the principal secretary of the General Administration Department of Mizoram.
- Earlier last week, there were protests in the state demanding a removal of CEO Shashank under the banner of NGO Coordination Committee.
- The state is going to poll on November 28, 2018 to elect 40 members in state Assembly.
Current Affairs relate to World
Regional meeting of World Customs Organisation held in Jaipur
- Four-day regional meeting of World Customs Organisation (WCO) was held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- It was attended by representatives of 33 member countries of Asia.
- The meeting was jointly chaired by WCO Deputy Secretary General, Ricardo Travino and Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs Chairman, S Ramesh.
- The meeting deliberated upon amended Kyoto protocol, digital customs, e-commerce among other issues.
- Summary of various efforts made by National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) for trade facilitation was also tabled in the meeting.
Setback for Theresa May as Dominic Raab resigns as Brexit Secretary
- British Prime Minister Theresa May suffered a blow on November 15, 2018 after the Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigned over a proposed EU withdrawal agreement.
- Raab said he cannot reconcile the terms of the proposed deal.
- Raab, who had been in place since July 2018, resigned soon after the resignation of Shailesh Vara as a junior Northern Ireland Minister over the draft accord.
Current Affairs relate to Awards
Veteran journalist N Ram to receive Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will inaugurate National Press Day celebrations in New Delhi on November 16, 2018.
- The winners of National Awards for Excellence in Journalism will be honoured on the occasion of the Day.
- Eminent journalist and Chairman of the Hindu Publishing Group, N Ram was selected under prestigious award category of Raja Ram Mohan Roy award.
- Ruby Sarkar, Chief Correspondent of Deshbandhu, Bhopal; and Rajesh Joshte of Daily Pudhari in Ratnagiri will share the award in category of Rural Journalism.
Current Affairs relate to Days
World Diabetes Day 2018 observed globally
- World Diabetes Day was observed across the world on November 14, 2018 with the theme ‘The Family and Diabetes’.
- The theme aims to raise awareness about the impact of diabetes on the family.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 15 November 2018