Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 18 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- India and Sweden signed the Joint Declaration on India-Sweden Innovation Partnership for a Sustainable Future. The MoU was signed between the Union Ministry of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation of Sweden.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Union Ministry for Housing and Urban Affairs and the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark for cooperation in the field of sustainable and smart urban development.
- India and Iceland signed a MoU on the establishment of the ICCR Chair for Hindi Language. The MoU was signed between Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and the University of Iceland.
- Both India and the United Kingdom (UK) on Wednesday agreed to forge a dynamic new India-UK Trade Partnership, to develop new trading arrangements.
- Bandhan Bank, the private sector lender, has entered the list of the top-50 most valuable cmpanies in terms of market capitalization (m-cap) following a sharp surge in its stock price post listing.
- Integral Coach Factory (ICF) has manufactured the first rake of paintless (exterior) Antyodaya coaches. The rake comprising 24 coaches, which was handed over to the Southern Railway recently, is operated as a special train between Tambaram and Tirunelveli.
- The first meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan, which met here on Wednesday, confirmed inclusion of 235 additional districts in Phase II of the ambitious programme in financial year 2018-19.
- In the first of its kind pro-power consumer policy in the country, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday approved the power department’s policy for compensating consumers for unscheduled power cuts by the private power distribution companies in Delhi.
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change on April 17, 2018 released the draft of the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP). The ministry has put up the draft on its website and invited comments from various stakeholders by May 17, 2018.
- The United States has notified Pakistan that the diplomats at their embassy in Washington and at consulates in other cities would not be able to travel beyond 40 kilometres of their offices without permission from May 1, 2018.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on April 17, 2018 successfully launched Colorado High-resolution Echelle Stellar Spectrograph (CHESS 4) from the Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- International Day for Monuments and Sites or World Heritage Day observed on 18 April with the theme “Heritage for Generations”.
- World Haemophilia Day observed on 17 April with the theme ‘Sharing Knowledge Makes Us Stronger’.
- Veteran filmmaker and animation pioneer Bhimsain, best known for his film ‘Gharaonda’ and animation short films like ‘Ek Anek Ekta’, has passed away.
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush died Tuesday at the age of 92, triggering an outpouring of praise for the matriarch of a Republican family once at the apex of American politics.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?