Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 9th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 9th June 2019
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
N Gopalaswami has been appointed as electoral officer for the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- BCCI appointed Former Chief Election commissioner N Gopalaswami as the electoral officer for the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on October 22nd.
- BCCI – Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Founded: December 1928
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- President: C.K. Khanna
- Chief Executive: Rahul Johri
- Women’s coach: W. V. Raman
- Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri
J& K Govt removes Parvez Ahmed as chairman J&K Bank
- J&K Bank removed its Chairman and Managing Director Parvez Ahmed from the Board of Directors of the bank. RK Chhibber has been nominated as the Director on the board and may be further appointed as the interim chairman cum Managing Director of the board.
- J&K Bank- HQ (Srinagar)
- Tagline- Serving to Empower
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
RBI imposes Rs 2cr penalty on Kotak Mahindra Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India imposed a penalty of Rs 2 crore on Kotak Mahindra Bank for not complying with its directions regarding dilution of promoters’ shareholding in the company.
- RBI asked the bank to furnish information about details of the shareholding held by its promoters.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank –
- Founder: Uday Kotak (MD & CEO)
- Founded: February 2003
- Headquarter (Mumbai)
A table-top War Game – IndSpaceEx
- India is now planning to conduct its first ever simulated space warfare exercise named IndSpaceEx in July.
- Indian is planning for IndSpaceEx after its successfully testing an anti-satellite (A –Sat) missile in March.
- IndSpaceEx – this exercise will be a ‘Table-Top War Game’ with all stakeholders from the military and scientific community taking part in it.
- The main aim of ‘IndSpaceEx’ exercise is to assess the requisite space and counter-space capabilities that are needed by India. The exercise will help India better grasp the strategic challenges in space that need to be handled.
- ISRO – The Indian Space Research Organisation
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
Indian Embassy in Saudi organises ‘Gandhi cycle rally for peace’ in Riyad
- A first of its kind ‘Gandhi cycle rally for peace’ was organised by the Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia on 7th June as part of the celebrations to mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Over 150 participants from all walks of life, cultural and ethnic identities participated in the cycle rally.
- Saudi Arabia (Capital/Currency) – Riyad /Riyal
- PM/King of Saudi Arabia – Salman of Saudi Arabia
- India’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia – Dr Ausaf Sayeed
- Parliament – Consultative Assembly of Saudi Arabia or Majlis ash-Shura or Shura Council
Japan defeated Mexico in FIH Hockey series
- In the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Men’s Hockey Series final match played at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar and Japn defeated Mexico by a margin of 3-1.
- Japan (Capital/ Currency) – Tokyo/ Yen
- PM- Shinzō Abe
- Parliamnet- National Diet
- Mexico (Capital/Currency) – Mexico City/ Peso
- PM- Enrique Peña Nieto
- Parliament – Congress of the Union or General Congress of the United Mexican States
Download the Daily Current Affairs 9th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!