Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 8th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 8th June 2019
IMPORTANT DAYS- Daily Current Affairs
8th June – World Ocean Day- Daily Current Affairs
- 8th of June is observed as World Ocean Day every year.
- The aim of this day is to make people aware about the importance of Ocean in our everyday life.
- The purpose of the Day is to inform the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean, develop a worldwide movement of citizens for the ocean, and mobilize and unite the world’s population on a project for the sustainable management of the world’s oceans.
- Focus for 2019: ‘Gender and the Ocean’
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had designated 8 June as the World Oceans Day in 2008 by passing its resolution 63/111.
- Note- 8th June is also observed as World Brain Tumour Day.
- It is observed every year on 8 June to raise international public attention to the people that are suffering from serious disease and the urgent need for more research.
NATIONAL UPDATE- Daily Current Affairs
PM Modi to lead main event of International Yoga Day in Ranchi
- The main event of International Yoga Day celebrations on 21st of June will be organized in Ranchi, Jharkhand and this event will be lead by our honorable PM Narendra Modi.
- There will be a curtain raiser to the main event at Ranchi on 13th of June.
Jharkhand- Capital City (Ranchi) CM (Raghubar Das) Governor (Draupadi Murmu)
INTERNATIONAL UPDATE- Daily Current Affairs
India signs Rs 300-crore deal with Israel to buy 100 more ‘Balakot bombs’
- The Indian Air Force has signed Rs 300-crore deal with the Israeli government to buy as many as 100 SPICE bombs.
- The newly ordered SPICE bombs are an advanced version of SPICE-2000 bombs
- SPICE bomb, which stands for Smart, Precise Impact, Cost-Effective, has a stand-off range of 60 km.
- Israel (Capital/Currency) – Jerusalem/ New Shekels
- Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu (9th PM)
- President – Reuven Rivlin
- Prliament – Knesset
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS – Daily Current Affairs
Prayuth Chan-ocha – PM of Thailand
- Thailand’s junta chief Prayuth Chan-ocha was elected late Wednesday as the kingdom’s first civilian prime minister since the 2014 coup he led, in a vote by a parliament stacked with appointed allies of the conservative, arch-royalist army.
- Thailand (Capital/Currency) – Bangkok/ baht
- Parliament of Thailand- National Assembly
Kumar Iyer to be the next Chief Economist of FCO
- Indian- origin Kumar Iyer has been appointed as the next Chief Economist of Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) by the UK Govt.
- Iyer, who was born in London and spent his early years in India, has previously been based in Mumbai as Britain’s Deputy High Commissioner.
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, commonly called the Foreign Office is a department of the Government of the United Kingdom.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS – Daily Current Affairs
Maldives to confer its highest award ‘Nishan Izzuddin’ on PM Modi
- The Maldives government has announced that it will confer its highest honour accorded to foreign dignitaries — Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddeen — on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Maldives (Capital/ Currency) – Male/ Rufiyaa
- President Ibrahim Mohammad Solih
- Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid
- Parliament of Maldives – Majlis
OBITURIES- Daily Current Affairs
Former Doordarshan, All India Radio News Editor Laldingliana Sailo passes away
Former Doordarshan and All India Radio News Editor Laldingliana Sailo passed away at a Private hospital in Aizawl. He died at an age of 76.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 8th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!