Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 15 December 2018. These are important for the upcoming NIACL AO and IBPS Clerk 2018 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 15 December 2018 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
Niti Aayog orgnising 3rd edition of Women Transforming India awards 2018
- NITI Aayog is organising the third edition of the Women Transforming India Awards 2018. The event will also mark launching of the upgraded portal of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP).
- An official release said, Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, as the Chief Guest, will give away the awards and launch the WEP upgraded portal.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman, Dr Rajiv Kumar, CEO Amitabh Kant and UN Resident Coordinator in India, Yuri Afanasiev, will also be present at the event.
- The Women Transforming India Awards recognise and celebrate stories of exemplary women from across the country. This year’s theme is “Women and Entrepreneurship”, and fifteen winners have been chosen.
OPPO sets up R&D centre in Hyderabad
- Chinese handset maker OPPO Saturday said it has set up a research and development (R&D) centre in Hyderabad.
- The India R&D centre is the fourth such set up globally and the largest outside China, it said.
- The company — which competes with the likes of Xiaomi, Samsung and vivo in the Indian market — did not disclose the investment details.
India and states
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal dedicates first Railway University to nation in Vadodara
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal dedicated India’s first Railway University to the nation in Vadodara Speaking on the occasion, Mr Goyal said that this is a big step towards the professional education and training in the railway sector.
- Ministry of Railways has sanctioned 421 crores rupees for this university and its curriculum development for the next five years.
Telangana becomes India’s first state to have paperless justice system
- Telangana became the first state in the country to have Inter-operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) integrated with the Crime and Criminals Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) project that facilitates transparency and speed in police service delivery.
- The ICJS is aimed at integrating the CCTNS project with e-courts, e-prisons, databases, forensics, prosecution, juvenile homes and a nationwide fingerprint database of criminals.
- Integration is achieved by providing access to the judiciary, police and prisons through a desktop dashboard to aid investigations expeditiously. The system is intended to save time and manpower required for manually shifting files between police stations and courts.
ICMR releases draft of India’s first essential diagnostics list
- In a bid to ensure quality diagnostics at all level of healthcare facilities, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has formulated draft of new National Essential Diagnostics List (NEDL).
- “The list is on the lines of the drug list. It is a scientifically designed list, which has been based on the World Health Organization’s list of essential diagnostics for key areas like HIV and hepatitis, but it also takes into account the priority areas of non-communicable diseases and diseases prone to outbreaks such as dengue,” Dr Kamini Walia, senior scientist at ICMR was quoted by Hindustan Times as saying.
- ICMR, the research body of the Union Health Ministry is responsible for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research in India. However, it is not the implementing authority and cannot fix prices of the test.
- The draft list which was prepared after two national consultation of stakeholder and a consultation with device manufacturers this year has been put out for public consultation. Many a tests have been included in the list including 130 general laboratory tests and 26 disease-specific tests, which includes tests for HIV, hepatitis, dengue, and malaria.
- At the primary healthcare (PHC) level, the list includes electrocardiography (ECG) for diagnosing heart disease and X-ray.
ECO Niwas Samhita 2018-an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings launched
- Ministry of Power has launched the ECO Niwas Samhita 2018, an Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings (ECBC-R).
- The Code was launched on the occasion of National Energy Conservation Day 2018 in the presence of Chief Guest Smt. Sumitra Mahajan, Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha and R.K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) for Power and New &Renewable Energy here, today.
- The implementation of this Code is will give a fillip to energy efficiency in residential sector. It aims to benefit the occupants and the environment by promoting energy efficiency in design and construction of homes, apartments and townships.
- This Code has been prepared after extensive consultations with all stakeholders, consisting of architects & experts including building material suppliers and developers.
- The parameters listed in the Code have been developed based on large number of parameters using climate and energy related data.
J-K admin greenlights proposal for setting up first-ever university in Ladakh
- Jammu and Kashmir administration Saturday gave its nod for the establishment of the first ever university in Ladakh.
- The approval came during a State Administrative Council meeting chaired by Governor Satya Pal Malik. His advisors, K Vijay Kumar, Khurshid Ahmad Ganai and Kewal Kumar Sharma, Chief Secretary BVR Subrahmanyam and Principal Secretary to the Governor Umang Narula were also present at the meeting.
JK becomes first state to have explicit law banning ‘Sextortion’
- J&K has become first state in the country to have a law explicitly banning sexual exploitation of women by those in positions of authority, having a fiduciary relationship or a public servant.
- The State Administrative Council (SAC) under the chairmanship of Governor, Satya Pal Malik approved the‘Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the Jammu and Kashmir Criminal Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018’.
- Bill seeks to amend the Ranbir Penal Code whereby specific offence under section 354 E is being inserted to provide for the offence of ‘Sextortion’.
President Kovind lays foundation stone of Railway Station at Kevadia
- President Ramnath Kovind today laid the foundation stone of new ultra-modern Railway Station at Kevadia in Narmada district of Gujarat
- The station will connect the Statue of Unity project to the rest of India through broad gauge railway line.
- As par schedule 32 kilometers long new broad-gauge railway line between Chandod and Kevadia will be completed in one year and connect the Kevadia with the rest of country.
- This will also provide better rail connectivity towards Statue of Unity project to facilitate the national and international tourists. This will also boost the overall development of this tribal region along with new employment opportunities.
- Earlier, President Kovind visited the Statue of Unity – the world’s tallest statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Kevadia Colony in Narmada district.
- He visited various places like ‘Valley of Flowers’, ‘Wall of Unity’, ‘Museum and Exhibition Halls’ and viewers’ gallery at the venue of Statue of Unity.
National Energy Conservation Day 2018 observed
- National Energy Conservation Day 2018 observed across India on 14 December, 2018.
- The Energy Conservation Act in India was executed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in the year 2001.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 15 December 2018