Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 11th June 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use this current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Daily Current Affairs 11th June 2019
NATIONAL UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
France Invited India for G7 Outreach Session
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has received an invitation from French President Emmanuel Macron to attend the outreach session of the G7 Summit in Biarritz as a special invitee.
- In return India has accepted the invitation.
- This will be the 45th edition of G7 summit which will take place in Biarritz, France from August 24th to 26th.
- France (Capital/Currency) – Paris/ Euro
- President Emmanuel Macron
PM Modi asks target oriented five-year plan document for each Ministry
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has asked top bureaucrats to prepare a five-year plan document for each Ministry with well-defined targets.
- Prime Minister said that each Ministry of the government should focus on ease of living. He said, water, fisheries, and animal husbandry are also the important areas for the Government.
- Mr Modi also urged secretaries to use technology to improve outcomes and efficiency in each department.
“Zero food wastage” campaign by Health Ministry
- The Union Health Ministry Harsh Vardhan suggests “donating excess food and turning wet waste into compost” as the way forward to sustainable development.
- The Ministry is now advocating and promoting a “zero food wastage” campaign in restaurants.
- The Objective of this campaign is not to waste even one grain of food, and ensure that in our own personal capacities and in our institutions, we contribute towards food security. This will help eliminate poverty, hunger and malnutrition.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan advocating for the recently launched ‘Eat Right’ campaign noted that food is everyone’s responsibility.
INTERNATIONAL UPDATES – Daily Current Affairs
As Per UNICEF, 1 in Every 5 Boys Married Off Before They Turn 15
- The study, conducted by UNICEF, is the first that looked into child marriage in 82 countries in the past ten years.
- The data revealed that as many as 1 in 5 boys was married before the age of 15.
- The Central African Republic had the highest number of child marriage among males which accounted for 28%, followed by Nicaragua with 19% and Madagascar with 13%
- Among Girls, 1 in 5 young women aged 20 to 24 years old married before their 18th birthday, compared to 1 in 30 young men.
- UNICEF –
- Founded: 11 December 1946
- Headquarter – New York, USA
- Executive Director: Henrietta Holsman Fore
G20 Ministerial Meeting Held in Japan
- The G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy was held on June 8th & 9th 2019 in Tsukuba, Japan.
- The meeting of financial leaders was held in the southern city of Fukuoka and of economic ministers in Tsukuba.
- The Indian delegation for G20 Ministerial Meeting was led by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways,Piyush Goyal. He participated in the discussions related to increasing trade and cooperation to harness the potential of digital economy.
- India emphasized to promote MSMEs in developing countries to boost domestic and global trade.
Canada to ban single-use plastics from 2021
- Canada PM Justin Trudeau announced that single use Plastics will be banned in the country from 2021.
- Less than 10% of plastic used in Canada gets recycled.
- Canada (Capital/Currency) – Ottawa/ Canadian Dollar
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATION – Daily Current Affairs
Sharad Kumar appointed as interim Chief Vigilance Commissioner
- Vigilance Commissioner Sharad Kumar has been named interim Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC)
- Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) K V Chowdary and Vigilance Commissioner T M Bhasin completed their tenure.
Dayanand Sopte takes charge as GTDC Chairman in Panaji
- Dayanand Sopte today took charge as Chairman of the Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) in Panaji.
- He is recently elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Bharatiya Janata Party from Mandrem constituency.
- Goa – Capital City (Panji) CM (Pramod Sawant) Governor(Mridula Sinha)
SPORTS UPDATE – Daily Current Affairs
Novak Djokovic tops ATP rankings
- Serbia’s Novak Djokovic has topped in the recently released ATP Rankings.
- Rafael Nadal who might has won a 12th Roland Garros title is at 2nd
OBITURIES- Daily Current Affairs
Former Puducherry CM R V Janakiraman passes away
- Former Puducherry CM R V Janakiraman passes away at an age of 79.
- Janakiraman became the Chief Minister in 1996 and represented the Nellithope Assembly constituency for five consecutive times.
Puducherry – Capital city (Pondicherry) CM (Velu Narayanasamy) Lt. Governor (Dr.Kiran Bedi)
Download the Daily Current Affairs 11th June 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?