IBPS RRB Officer and Assistant 2017 exams are around the corner; Officer mains exam is scheduled on 5th Nov and Assistant mains exam is on 12th Nov. General Awareness being one of the important sections in these exams as well as other competitive exams, we bring to you tips to ace in the section. These tips are brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for banking and government exams.
You should give importance to the General Awareness section because this is one of the highest scoring sections. You can attain 100% accuracy unless you do any guess work. This section can really help you attain the overall cut-off. However, one of the challenges that candidates face while preparing for this section is that they are unaware of what to prepare. The scope of study is huge and there’s always more to learn. Here are some tips to tackle this challenge and prepare well for the General Awareness section.
The General Awareness Section in the IBPS RRB mains includes 40 questions and the maximum marks allotted is 40. Let’s have a glance through the syllabus before moving on to the tips.
IBPS RRB Mains 2017 Syllabus – General Awareness
Financial / Banking Awareness
- Banking and Economy
- Roles and functions of institutions like RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, etc
- Currencies of various countries
- Exchange rate
- Banking related facts etc.
- Banking and economy related news
- Books by famous personalities
- Mergers of banks
- Government schemes and policies etc.
- Indian states and their culture
- Country and currency
- National parks
- Constituencies etc.
- Indian economy
- Financial organization
- GDP growth rate etc.
12 Tips to Prepare for the General Awareness Section
- Read the newspaper daily and if possible pick the English Newspaper. This way you will be boosting your GK and English language preparation at one go
- Practice as many mock tests possible across static GK, current affairs, banking awareness, Indian and global economy etc. You can practice full-length as well as sectional Oliveboard mocks
- Expect general questions around geographical features of India and world
- Read about world organizations like IMF, World Bank, UN, ASEAN, SAARC etc.
- Expect questions from Indian and World history, economy with focus to special trends like inflationary trends, GDP etc.
- Get a thorough reading of Indian constitution and political system and expect questions from Articles, Schedules and Amendments
- Read all latest newspapers especially the last 4 months. Download news app to get updates on all current happenings
- Go through all the recent events in the banking sector with a focus to changing procedures in bank, RBI rules etc.
- Watch news headlines in television; this will break the reading monotony also
- Take online quizzes; you can install some apps to work out quizzes on the go
- Refer to limited but reliable GK books
- Refer to Oliveboard’s daily GK videos
Study Materials for IBPS RRB Mains – General Awareness
- Refer to ‘The Hindu’ one of the most commonly perused newspaper for competitive exams
- Refer to NCERT books (up to class 10) for static GK topics
- Refer to year books like Manorama for current affairs
- Refer to various ebooks available on General Awareness: E-books for General Awareness Preparation for Banking, Government & MBA exams
All the best!