Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of GK Quiz for SSC CHSL 2017 on Geography.
- The Indian subcontinent was originally part of a huge mass called
(a) Indian land
(c) Angara land
(d) Gondwana land
- Bhabar is an example of ______.
(b) Piedmont plain
(c) Till plain
(d) Deltaic plain
- Ib River, Ong River , Jonk River, Tel river are tributaries of _______.
- Kalinadi is a ____ flowing river.
- River Cauvery rises in the _____
(a) Deccan Plateau
(c) Western Ghats
(d) Eastern ghats
- Which of the following flows through rift valleys?
- Break up of Gondwana land mass started during the period of
- The smallest district of India is :
- Which among the following streams meets the Ganges in last ?
- In India wool is produced in _____.
(c) Jammu & Kashmir
(d) Madhya Pradesh
- In Tibet, the Indus is known as _______.
(a) Singi khamban
- ________ forms the largest peninsular river system.
- Which of the following soil forms a majority of the soil classification in India?
(a) Red soil
(b) Alluvial soil
(c) Desert Soil
(d) Black soil
- ______ is the westernmost of the Himalayan Rivers in India.
- Which of the following states in India is known for largest net irrigated area in India?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
- Elephanta winds blow in _____ of India.
(a) Utkal Coast
(b) Coromandel Coast
(c) a and b
(d) Malabar coast
- In India Northwesters occur in ________.
(a) Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh
(b) Kerala, Gujarat
(c) Assam, West Bengal
(d) Bihar, Gujarat
- In India tropical dry evergreen forests are found in ________
(a) Western Ghats
(b) Coasts of Tamil Nadu
(c) Andaman Islands
(d) Chotta Nagpur Plateau
- Runrang La Pass is in _______.
(a) Ladakh Range
(b) Dhauladhar Range
(c) East Karakoram Range
(d) Zanskar Range
- Nellore is located on the banks of river ______.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: