Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on error corrections & vocabulary.
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 1-5): In the following questions, a set of five words is given. Four of the words are related in some way, the remaining word is not related to the rest. You have to pick the word which does not fit in the relation.
- (a) Disdain (b) Disloyalty (c) Infidelity (d) Unfaithfulness (e) Unreliability
- (a) Astute (b) Crafty (c) Wily (d) Naive (e) Shrewd
- (a) Discern (b) Recognise (c) Discriminate (d) Differentiate (e) Eviscerate
- (a) Bewildered (b) Perplexed (c) Confused (d) Reserved (e) Flummoxed
- (a) Pageant (b) Pretense (c) Exhibition (d) Lurid (e) Plush
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 6-10) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any, will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, mark (e). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
- Politicians and actors (a)/are shining on the Indian (b)/ electoral firmament (c)/ for a long time. (d)/ No error (e)
- Almost all school teachers insist that (a)/ a student’s mother (b)/ is responsible for their student’s conduct (c) / as well as his dress. (d)/ No error (e)
- In the forthcoming elections (a)/ every man and woman (b)/ must vote for the candidates (c)/ of their choice. (d)/ No error (e)
- It is essential that diseases like tuberculosis (a)/ are detected and treated (b)/ as early as possible in order to (c)/ assure a successful cure. (d)/ No error (e)
- The Mumbai Police have found (a)/ the body of a man (b)/ who they believe to be (c)/ the prime suspect in a murder case. (d)/ No error (e)
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?