Prepping up for ESIC SSO Mains? Here are tips that will help you revise better. This post is brought to you by Oliveboard.
ESIC SSO Revision Strategy
Do not take revision lightly and leave it for the last day. Revise all the concepts, formula, shortcuts and tricks so that you don’t forget them.
- Divide these 10 days as follows: 8 days + 2 days.
- In the first 8 days, revise all the topics, write calculation shortcuts or formulae that you need to memorize, and spend rest of the two days practicing Mock Tests.
- The trick to scoring marks in Quantitative Aptitude Section of ESIC SSO is to attempt the questions on Simplification and Approximation, Quadratic Equations first and then going for time-consuming ones like Number Series and DI. Hence, work on strengthening these topics.
- Revise topics that form the base for other topics and then move on to higher-level difficult topics that require you to have a knowledge of these base topics.
- For instance, most DI topics require you to apply concepts of Interest, Percentage and Profit & Loss. Therefore, start with what are called the base of Arithmetic section: Percentage, Profit & Loss and Interest.
- The DI questions are known to be calculation intensive. Hence, make sure you practice at least 5 sets every day.
- For English, preparation involves building and strengthening grammar basics. Re-read the notes you’ve prepared.
- Also practice at least 3 RC passages every day.
- Identify the important topics from the Reasoning Syllabus to focus on. If you look at the last year’s paper analysis – Syllogism, Sitting arrangement, puzzles, coding-decoding carry more weightage as compared to other topics. Hence more attention should be given to these topics while revision.
- When revising General Awareness section, start with Static GK because that can be memorized and revised relatively quickly. Then move on to the dynamic GK or current affairs.
While doing the above-mentioned things, it is also important to attempt mock tests every day and spend some quality time analyzing your attempts. Take help of Oliveboard’s analytics tool to analyse your weak areas and get free expert analysis.
Understand, that the goal is to clear the cut-offs first and then to maximize your overall score. Apart from the subject knowledge, your time management skills play an equally important role in the exam. Taking ESIC SSO Mock Tests will provide you with a situation where you can practice making such important decisions, and thus be better prepared for the actual exam.
Some Important Tips:
- Practice as many Mock Tests as you can
- Do not start a new topic now
- Highlight the important points.
- Write the formula, shortcuts, tricks, etc. on a separate paper so that you can quickly go through it before the exam.
- Manage Time Properly
- Focus on Speed and Accuracy
- Do not Waste Time on One Question
- Avoid Stress and Anxiety
- Last but not the least, Relax and Rest
What you do in these last few days will impact your exam performance a lot. So, make sure you use this time judiciously and make the most of it. That’s all from us. All the best!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?