The RBI Grade B 2018 official notification was recently out; the registration is open till 23rd July 2018. So, aspirants who haven’t completed the registrations yet should do it soon. Today, we bring to you the most important topics for RBI Grade B 2018 Phase I preparation. This post is brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for banking and government exams.
Important Topics for RBI Grade B 2018 – General Awareness
- Monthly Current Affairs since January 2018
- Economy and Finance
- Economic Survey
- Union Budget
- Payment and Settlement Systems
- Banking Terms
- Latest Summits
- Government Schemes
Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- For Current Affairs, always try to study daily and then revise once weekly, once monthly and once before the exam.
- For Static GK, try to cover more economy and finance related questions along with banking terms and terminologies for RBI Grade B.
Important Topics for RBI Grade B 2018 – Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Coding & Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
Preparation Tips for Reasoning
- Reasoning can be time-consuming, but it is scoring as well. The more you practice, the better you perform.
- Focus more on comparatively difficult topics like coding decoding. This can vary person to person. Identify your weak links and fix them.
Important Topics for RBI Grade B 2018 – English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
Preparation Tips for English Language
- A good reading speed gives you an edge to score well in the exam, so make sure while preparing for RC you also work on your reading speed.
- After learning each topic, take a sectional test for that topic to measure your progress. Continue learning and practicing till you’re thorough in that concept and then move on to the next one.
Important Topics for RBI Grade B 2018 – Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation
Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
- Identify patterns in number series. Once you practice different types of patterns, you will be able to decode the solution faster.
- When revising, you need to revise without looking at the formula of the question. By now, you might be aware of the formulas. If not, at least try, because you will not have them in the examination.
Topics Covered in RBI Grade B Phase I 2017
This will help you understand the weightage of topics in RBI Grade B 2017 and thus help you evaluate and prepare better for this year.
- Most of the questions on both the Current & static side were from Banking/Economy.
- Analytical Reasoning – 21Q (4 sets)
- Input output-5Q
- Data Sufficiency – 5Q
- Coding decoding-5Q
- Blood relations-1Q
- Critical reasoning (cause-effect, course of action etc.) – 10Q
- Passages: 10Q
- Cloze Test – 7Q
- Sentence Joining – 3Q
- Error Spotting – 5Q
- Fill in the Blanks – 5Q
- DI – 10Q
- Number Series – 5Q
- Data Comparison – 5Q
- Miscellaneous Word Problems – 5 Q
- Data Sufficiency – 5Q
Hope this helps. Gear up your exam preparation with Oliveboard’s Mock Tests.