The Railways (RRB) group ‘D’ exam about a month away and we’re positive your your preparation levels must be at an all-time high. To help you score better in the mathematics questions, here we bring to you 10 tips that will help you boost your scores. These tips are brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for Government, Banking and MBA exams.
Let us first take a look at the syllabus for RRB Group ‘D’ Mathematics.
- Number System
- Decimals & Fractions
- LCM & HCF
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Squares & Square Roots
- Age Calculations
- Calendars & Clocks
- Pipes & Cisterns
Mathematics Tips To Score More!
Categorize Quant Questions
Categorize quant topics as easy, moderate and difficult questions. This categorization can be based on the time needed in solving a problem and your comfort zone. Attempt easy questions first to gain confidence and score better in the exam.
Note Important Formulae
You need to go back to your school studies and get your basics clear. Study concepts in order as many are interconnected. Formulae play an important role. Maintain notes of important formulae which you can refer to from time to time.
Practice makes perfect and it is absolutely correct in terms of Maths. Regular practice is important even for those who think it’s their strong point. Practice as many mock tests you can. After every mock attempt, analyze your scores and identify the weak areas. Try to concentrate more on those and attempt additional tests for those topics.
Manage your Time Smartly
Time management is crucial in every competitive exam. While practicing Mathematics, you need to keep an eye on the time spent. Try to improve your calculation speed. Include calculation in your daily life, practice mental math, memorize multiplication, square and cubes tables.
Have An Exam Attempt Strategy
An exam attempt strategy comprises of the following:
- estimate of how many questions to attempt
- This is not something that can be decided beforehand, but having a rough estimate is a good idea. This will help you gauge your performance. One should decide this estimated number based on previous years’ cutoffs and personal targets.
- order of attempt of questions
- This is one of the most important aspects of an exam attempt strategy. One should have an idea of which topics to attempt first. Also, decide on the maximum amount of time you will spend on a question. This will help you with better time management in the exam and thus help you in boosting your scores.
Ace the exam with Oliveboard Mocks. All the best!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!