Hello and welcome to ExamPundit. Here are the highlights from Railway Budget 2015 by our honourable railway minister, Suresh Prabhu.
The key themes of the Budget were in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiatives – Swachch Bharat Mission, Make in India and Digital India.
- The most-expected part about this year’s railway Budget – there is no increase in rail fares.
- Rs.8.5 lakh crore will be invested in Railways in next 5 years.
- ‘Operation 5 mins’, wherein passengers travellling unreserved can purchase a ticket in 5 minutes.
- Bio toilets and airplane-type vaccum toilets in trains.
- Surveillance cameras in select coaches and ladies compartments for women’s safety without compromising on privacy.
- Rail tickets can now be booked 120 days in advance.
- Speed on nine railway corridors to go up to 200 km per hour.
- Wi-Fi in more stations, mobile phone charging facilities in all train compartments.
- Facility of online booking of wheelchair for senior citizens.
- Satellite railway terminals in major cities.
- Centrally managed Rail Display Network is expected to be introduced in over 2K stations over the next 2 years.
- All india 24/7 helpline – 138 from March 2015 ; Toll free No.182 for security.
- 917 road under-bridges and over-bridges to be constructed to replace 3,438 railway crossings; at a cost of Rs. 6,581 crore.
- Four Railway Research Centres to start in four universities.
- No new trains announced in 2015 Railway Budget.
- Kisan Yatra — a special travel scheme for farmers finds mention in Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu’s speech
Books For 2015 Banking/Insurance Exams
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!