Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of IBPS Specialist Officer IT Officer Professional Knowledge Test on Computer Architecture.
1. In computers, subtraction is generally carried out by ______.
a) 9’s complement
b) 10’s complement
c) 1’s complement
d) 2’s complement
2. Assembly language ________.
a) uses alphabetic codes in place of binary numbers used in machine language
b) is the easiest language to write programs
c) need not be translated into machine language
d) None of these
3. Suppose that a bus has 16 data lines and requires 4 cycles of 250 nsecs each to transfer data. The bandwidth of this bus would be 2 Megabytes/sec. If the cycle time of the bus was reduced to 125 nsecs and the number of cycles required for transfer stayed the same what would the bandwidth of the bus?
a) 1 Megabyte/sec
b) 4 Megabytes/sec
c) 8 Megabytes/sec
d) 2 Megabytes/sec
4. Floating point representation is used to store ______.
a) Boolean values
b) whole numbers
c) real integers
5. SIMD represents an organization that ______________.
a) refers to a computer system capable of processing several programs at the same time.
b) represents organization of single computer containing a control unit, processor unit and a memory unit.
c) includes many processing units under the supervision of a common control unit
d) none of the above.
6. In Reverse Polish notation, expression A*B+C*D is written as
7. Processors of all computers, whether micro, mini or mainframe must have
b) Primary Storage
c) Control unit
d) All of above
8. What is the control unit’s function in the CPU?
a) To transfer data to primary storage
b) to store program instruction
c) to perform logic operations
d) to decode program instruction
9. What is meant by a dedicated computer?
a) which is used by one person only
b) which is assigned to one and only one task
c) which does one kind of software
d) which is meant for application software only
10. The most common addressing techniques employed by a CPU is
11. Pipeline implement
a) fetch instruction
b) decode instruction
c) fetch operand
d) calculate operand
12. Which of the following code is used in present day computing was developed by IBM corporation?
b) Hollerith Code
c) Baudot code
d) EBCDIC code
13. When a subroutine is called, the address of the instruction following the CALL instructions stored in/on the
a) stack pointer
c) program counter
14. A microprogram written as string of 0’s and 1’s is a
a) symbolic microinstruction
b) binary microinstruction
c) symbolic microprogram
d) binary microprogram
15. Interrupts which are initiated by an instruction are
16. Memory access in RISC architecture is limited to instructions
a) CALL and RET
b) PUSH and POP
c) STA and LDA
d) MOV and JMP
17. A collection of lines that connects several devices is called …………..
B) peripheral connection wires
C) Both a and b
D) internal wires
18. A complete microcomputer system consist of ………..
C) peripheral equipment
D) all of the above
19. PC Program Counter is also called ……………….
A) instruction pointer
B) memory pointer
C) data counter
D) file pointer
20. In a single byte how many bits will be there?
Click here to access all the Professional Knowledge questions.
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!