Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 8-9 April 2018. These are important for revision.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) will be investing a total of Rs 80 billion in the Arun III hydropower project of Nepal, which has 900 megawatts (MW) electricity production capacities.
- Tata Communications, a leading digital infrastructure provider, has been selected as the principal partner by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to help organisations in India unlock the true benefits of digital technologies.
- In order to recover over Rs 7,000 crore of investors money, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is all set to auction 24 properties of Pancard Clubs and its late chairman and MD Sudhir Moravekar, next month at a reserve price of Rs 2,087 crore.
- SEBI will take action in a phased manner against more than 14,700 entities for non-genuine trades through illiquid stock option segment.
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb launched the state component of Pradhanmantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) in Agartala on April 7, 2018.
- The state government of Goa has decided to launch its own app-based taxi service to few key tourist destinations of the state.
- The state government of Maharashtra has announced that cancer patients would be provided with free chemotherapy treatment at district hospitals. The first phase of the plan would start in June 2018.
- Indian men, on Monday, replicated the achievement of the women’s table tennis team yesterday as they won the gold medal by defeating Nigeria 3-0 in the final at the Commonwealth Games (CWG) in Gold Coast.
- Indian tennis’ ageless wonder Leander Paes today became the most successful doubles player in the history of Davis Cup as he combined with Rohan Bopanna to not only grab a record 43rd win but also bring the country back in the tie against China
- Manika Batra inspired India to a historic gold medal with her stunning singles victories, fashioning an unthinkable 3-1 victory over four-time gold medallists Singapore in the final of the women’s team event at the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast.
- The gold rush continued in weightlifting for India as Punam Yadav added a fifth to the tally with a top finish in the 69kg category of the 21st Commonwealth Games .
- Indian shooting ace Jitu Rai claimed the gold medal in the men’s 10m air pistol event by creating a new games record while compatriot Om Prakash Mitharval bagged a bronze at the 21st Commonwealth Games on Monday.
- China has banned the export to North Korea of some items with potential dual-use in weapons of mass destruction.
- Hungary’s right-wing Prime Minister Viktor Orban on April 8, 2018 claimed a landslide victory in the nation’s general election.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?