Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the Daily One Liner Current Affairs 23 August 2018 for upcoming IBPS RRB and PO, Indian Bank PO and NIACL Assistant Exams.
Daily One Liner Current Affairs 23 August 2018
- The Indian economy is expected to grow by around 7.5 per cent in 2018 and 2019 as it is largely resilient to external pressures like those from higher oil prices, Moody’s Investors Service said today.
- The World Bank has priced the world’s first public bond created and managed using only blockchain in a A$100 million ($73.16 million) deal designed to test how the technology might improve decades-old bond sales practices. Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the sole manager of the deal, said in a statement that the two-year bonds had priced to yield 2.251% and would settle 28 August.
- In a big step forward to strengthen the startup ecosystem in Rajasthan, the Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje launched India’s largest business incubator — the Bhamashah Techno Hub — in Jaipur today (August 23).
- Cognizant has entered into an agreement to acquire Noida-headquartered salesforce consulting firm SaaSfocus in its bid to augment its consultancy capabilities in cloud space, apart from expanding its geographical reach in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
- To promote the tribal handicraft and handloom products of the region and to showcase it to the world the essence of ethnicity, the northeastern province of Nagaland hosted the first ever ‘Aadi Mahotsav’ under the aegis of the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various projects in Junagadh district.
- Justice Dipak Misra, the Chief Justice of India, on August 23, 2018 launched three applications for the benefit of the litigants and lawyers during an event at the Supreme Court of India.
- The Chief Minister of Punjab, Amarinder Singh on August 21, 2018 announced that the state cabinet has approved amendments to the Indian Penal Code (IPC) to make sacrilege of all religious text punishable with life imprisonment.
- The NITI Aayog on August 23, 2018 released the five Thematic Reports on Sustainable Development in e Indian Himalayan Region (IHR), listing the challenges in all the defined 5 thematic areas.
- Young Indian shooter Shardul Vihan has won India’s 17th Asiad medal on Day 5 of Asian Games 2018. The 15-year-old won silver in the finals of the men’s double trap event. Earlier in the day, Ankita Raina won bronze in tennis women’s singles event, after she lost to 4-6, 7-6 against China’s Zhang Shuai in the semifinals.
- Veteran India pacer Jhulan Goswami on Thursday announced her retirement from T20 Internationals with immediate effect.
- President Ram Nath Kovind on August 23, 2018 reassigned the Finance and Corporate Affairs portfolios to Union Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Veteran journalist, author and human rights activist, Kuldip Nayar passed away on August 23, 2018.