Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 28 April 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, NHB Assistant Manager, CWC 2019 and SBI PO 2019 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 28 April 2019
RBI to soon issue Rs 20 banknote of Greenish Yellow colour
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs 20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Shaktikanta Das, Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- The new Rs 20 banknote has motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Greenish Yellow.
- All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 issued earlier by the Reserve Bank of India will continue to be legal tender.
RBI extends coverage of NBFC Ombudsman Scheme to Non-Deposit Taking NBFCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 26, 2019 extended the coverage of Ombudsman Scheme for Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), 2018 to eligible Non Deposit Taking Non Banking Financial Companies (NBFC-NDs).
- The coverage will be extended to Non Deposit Taking Non Banking Financial Companies having asset size of Rs 100 crore or above with customer interface.
- However, Non Banking Financial Company-Infrastructure Finance Company (NBFC-IFC), Core Investment Company (CIC), Infrastructure Debt Fund-Non-banking Financial Company (IDF-NBFC) and NBFCs under liquidation are excluded from the ambit of the Scheme.
India and states
ICMR launches ‘MERA India’ alliance to eliminate malaria from India by 2030
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on April 25, 2019 launched the ‘Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India’, a gathering of partners working together to plan and scale up research to eliminate Malaria from India by 2030.
- MERA India alliance holds utmost importance to the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare for the operational research. The World Health Organisation (WHO) had earlier appreciated India’s research in malaria and hence, the country now aims to ensure its elimination by 2030.
- The alliance was launched on the occasion of the World Malaria Day 2019.
Indu Malhotra part of panel to probe sexual harassment charges against CJI
- Justice Indu Malhotra was on April 25, 2019 appointed as the third member of the in-house inquiry panel set up to examine allegations of sexual harassment against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.
- Malhotra was appointed to the panel following the recusal of Justice N V Ramana. Senior-most judge S A Bobde, who is heading the panel, appointed Justice Malhotra to the committee. Another woman judge, Justice Indira Banerjee is also a part of the panel.
SC constitutes new panel to hold inquiry into claims of conspiracy against CJI
- The Supreme Court on April 25, 2019 constituted a one-man panel comprising former SC judge, Justice A K Patnaik to hold an inquiry into the allegations of a larger conspiracy to frame Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi and fixing of benches in the top court.
- The apex court asked the Directors of CBI and IB and Delhi Police Commissioner to cooperate with Retired Justice Patnaik during the inquiry.
Ex-Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag named Indian envoy to Seychelles
- Former Indian Army Chief General (Retired) Dalbir Singh Suhag was on April 25, 2019 appointed as India’s High Commissioner to the island nation Seychelles.
- Dalbir Singh was the Army Chief from August 1, 2014 to December 31, 2016. He was also part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka in 1987.
US places India on ‘Priority Watch List’
- The United States on April 25, 2019 yet again placed India on its ‘Priority Watch List’, alleging lack of sufficient measurable improvements to its Intellectual Property (IP) framework on long-standing and new challenges, which has negatively affected American right holders over the past year.
- The office of the US Trade Representative identified 11 countries, including India, in its ‘Priority Watch List’.
- The list topped by China also includes Indonesia, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela. Besides this, the US Trade body has placed 25 countries, including Pakistan, Turkey and the UAE, on the watchlist.
World Day for Safety and Health at Work observed
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed across the globe on April 28, 2019. The day is observed annually to promote safe, healthy and decent work.
- The World Day celebration on April 28 will be only the beginning of worldwide events and activities to continue throughout the rest of the year.
World Intellectual Property Day 2019 observed globally
- The World Intellectual Property Day was observed across the world on April 26, 2019 to spread awareness about the role that intellectual property rights like patents, trademarks, industrial designs and copyright play in encouraging innovation and creativity.
- The theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2019 was “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 28 April 2019