Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 26th May 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, CWC, FCI 2019 and SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams.
Current Affairs 26th May 2019
1). 25th May celebrated as World Thyroid Day
- Every year May 25 is observed as World Thyroid Day to promote awareness and understanding of thyroid health and the advances made in treating thyroid diseases.
- World Thyroid Day was established in 2008 as part of a campaign led by the European Thyroid Association and the American Thyroid Association to emphasize the prevalence of thyroid diseases
- Main focus is on the urgent need for education and prevention programs and to increase awareness of new treatment modalities.
2). US President Trump and PM Modi to meet at G-20 Summit in June
- US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister NarendraModi have agreed to meet at the G-20 Summit in Japan next month as both the leaders pledged to further strengthen the US-India strategic partnership.
- The leaders look forward to seeing one another at the G-20 Summit in Osaka, where the US, India, and Japan will hold a trilateral meeting to pursue their shared vision for a free and open Indo-Pacific
- The G-20 Summit meeting is slated for June 28 and 29.
3). Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill resigns
- Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O’Neill today resigned from his post after weeks of unrest in the government.
- O’Neill has handed over leadership to Sir Julius Chan, who will become prime minister for the third time.
– Papua New Guinea(CC)- Port Moresby/ PapuaNewGuinean Kina
4). Naveen Patnaik all set for record fifth term as Odisha CM
- Naveen Patnaik is all set to take oath as chief minister of the State for a record fifth term in a row.
- He belong to BijuJanata Dal (BJD) Legislature Party
- BJD headed by him has won a decisive victory in the assembly polls bagging 112 of the 146 assembly seats
– Odisha – Governor(GaneshiLal)
5). President Ram NathKovind invites NarendraModi to form government
- President Ram NathKovind has invited senior BJP leader NarendraModi to form a new government at the Centre.
- Exercising powers under Article 75 (1) of the Constitution, President appointed Mr Modi as Prime Minister and requested him to advise about the names of others to be appointed as members of the Union Council of Ministers.
6). India to grow at 7.1% in FY’20: United Nations’ report
- A report by the United Nations says India’s economy is projected to grow at 7.1 per cent in the fiscal year 2020 on the back of strong domestic consumption and investment.
- strong domestic consumption and investment will continue to support growth, which is projected at 7.0 per cent in 2019 and 7.1 per cent in 2020
7). Bengaluru based Doctor HemaDivakar won ‘Global Asian of the Year’ Award
- Bengaluru based medical doctor HemaDivakar was honoured with the ‘Global Asian of the Year 2018-19 award in Dubai (UAE) for her yeomen services and contributions to the women’s healthcare ecosystem, in India.
- It is organised by ‘Asia One’ magazine
- Asia One’s Global Asian Od the Year award is conferred on those who stand out of vision, action, and ingenuity and represent contemporary ideas to make global impact.
– UAE (CC)- Abu Dhabi/ Dirham
Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!