Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 25th May 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, CWC, FCI 2019 and SBI PO/ Clerk 2019 Exams.
Current Affairs 25th May 2019
Second SCO Mass Media Forum – Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- The Second Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Mass Media Forum is being held at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 23-26 May, 2019.
- The Forum was inaugurated by the President of Kyrgyz Mr S. Jeenbeko.
- Objective of this forum is mutual trust, friendly relations with neighbours’ and regional security in line with the “Shanghai Spirit”. It aims to strengthen the exchange and cooperation in the field of mass media amongst SCO countries.
- Motto of this Event – “Development of the “Shanghai Spirit” and opening of a new era in the mass media cooperation”
- The Indian Delegation invited all the SCO member delegates to the Golden Jubilee edition of International Film Festival of India to be held in Goa in November 2019.
- 1st SCO Media Summit – Beijing, China
- SCO -Defence Ministers Meeting held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- SCO – Foreign Ministers Meeting held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- SCO- Headquarter (Beijing,Chinja)
- Kyrgyzstan (Capital & Currency) – Bishkek & Kyrgyzstani Som
DRDO successfully test fired guided Bomb from Sukhoi combat jet
- DRDO successfully test fired a guided bomb from a Sukhoi( SU-30 MKI Aircraft) combat jet at Pokhran in Rajasthan.
It was an indigenously developed 500kg class guided
- DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) – Establishment (1958), Headquarter (New Delhi), Chairman (G Satish Reddy)
- Missile System Award 2019- G SatishReddy
- Rajashthan – CM( Ashok Gehlot), Governor (Kalyan Singh)
Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ inaugurated in New Delhi
- Lt Governor of Delhi Shri Anil Baijal inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at VasantKunj, New Delhi.
- This project has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Partnership with National Buildings construction cooperation (NBCC)
- The objective of this hotel is to fulfil the long term need of rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and provide them a safe and secure environment.
- The office of the Naval Regimental System has also been co-located at the hostel for easy onsite assistance to the occupants of the Sahara Hostel.
5th Smart Cities India 2019 Expo inaugurated in New Delhi
- The 5the Smart Cities India 2019 expo, including transport India, Solar India, Buildings India, Water India expos was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by Secretary Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, DurgaShanker Mishra.
- This event is organised by ITPO (Indian Trade Promotion Organization) and Exhibition India Group.
Algeria and Argentina certified malaria-free by WHO
- The World Health Organization reports Algeria and Argentina as malaria free.
- Algeria is the 2nd country in Africa to be recognised as malaria free after Mauritius.
- Argentina is the 2nd country in South America to be recognised as malaria free after Paraguay.
- Globally, a total of 38 countries and territories have now been declared malaria-free.
- Algeria (CC) – Algiers/ Algerian Dinar
- Argentina (CC) – Buenos Aires/ Argentine Peso
Cyril Ramaphosa takes oath as South Africa’s President
- Cyril Ramaphosa was sworn in for a five-year term as South Africa’s President.
- The inauguration followed his ruling African National Congress party’s 57.5% victory in this month’s election.
- Ramaphosa apologised to South Africans for the political turmoil. He also vowed to continue the fight against mismanagement
- South Africa (CC) – Capital – Pretoria (executive), Bloemfontein (judicial), Cape Town (legislative)
- Currency – South African Rand
Theresa May becomes second UK PM to resign over Brexit failure
- Britain’s PM Theresa May becomes second UK PM to resign after David Cameron
- Theresa May – 76th PM of United Kingdom & leader of Conservative Party.
Jagan Mohan Reddy to be Sworn in as CM of Andhra Pradesh
- In Andhra Pradesh, YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as CM of AP on 30th of this month at Vijayawada.
- Mr.Jagan is expected to proceed to Hyderabad along with senior party leaders to submit the resolution to the Governor E S L Narasimhan.
- Andhra Pradesh- Capital City (Amravati), Official Language (Telugu)
Odisha tribal woman to be youngest – ever CM
- ChandraniMurmu, 25 years, 11 months and eight days old who has won the KeonjharLokSabha seat (reserved for Scheduled Tribes) on BijuJanata Dal (BJD) ticket by defeating two-time BJP MP AnantaNayak .
- Her aim was to either become a probationary officer in a bank or an assistant section officer in the Odisha government or a mechanical engineer in a private company but she has become a youngest Member of Parliament instead.
- Odisha- Capital City(Bhubaneshwar), CM (Naveen Patnaik), Governor (GaneshiLal)
Corporation Bank has launched ‘Corp SME Suvidha’
- Corporation Bank has launched ‘Corp SME Suvidha’, a product for GST-registered MSMEs.
- This product has been designed as part of the bank’s efforts to provide best products to MSME sector
- MD & CEO PV Bharti launched the product in Mangalore.
- Corporation Bank- Establishment (12th March, 1906), HQ(Mangalore)
- Tagline- A Premier Public Sector Bank, Prosperity for all
RBI proposed to Introduce LCR to all NBFC’s
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) proposed introducing a liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) for large non-banking finance companies (NBFC) to help tackle liquidity problems in the sector.
- The central bank is planning to implement LCR, a liquidity buffer, “in a calibrated manner” over four years starting from April 2020.
- The LCR is proposed for all deposit taking NBFCs, and non-deposit taking NBFCs with an asset size of 50 billion rupees ($720 million) and above. NBFCs will have to maintain minimum high quality liquid assets of 100% of total net cash outflows over the following 30 calendar days.
Former Malaysian king Sultan Ahmad Shah passed away
- Malaysia’s 7th Kind and football veteran Sultan Ahmad Shah passes away at the age of 88.
- He was also the fifth Sultan of Malaysia’s central Pahang state.
- Malaysia (CC) – Kuala Lumpur/ Malaysian Ringgit
Indian Army officer appointed the commander of UN Mission in South Sudan
- UN Secretary, General Antonio Guterres, has appointed Indian Army officer, Lieutenant General ShaileshTinaikar, as the new Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).
- He will succeed Lieutenant General Frank Kamanzi of Rwanda who completes his assignment on May 26.
- Tinaikar graduated from the Indian Military Academy in 1983 and is currently serving as the Commandant of the Infantry School since July 2018.
- The United Nations Mission works with the people of South Sudan to protect civilians and build durable peace.
- The Mission protects monitors, investigates, and reports on human rights violations and abuses with a strong focus on the most vulnerable, such as women and children and those who are subjected to sexual and gender-based violence.
- India is the second highest troop contributing country to UNMISS with 2,337 Indian peacekeepers, second only to Rwanda with 2,750. In addition, India currently contributes 22 police personnel to UNMISS.
- South Sudan (CC) – Juba/ South Sudanese Pound
Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!