Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 14 March 2019. These are important for the upcoming LIC AAO 2019, NHB Assistant Manager, CWC 2019 and SBI PO 2019 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 14 March 2019
India and states
United States to set up six nuclear power plants in India
- India and the United States have committed to strengthen bilateral security and civil nuclear cooperation, including the establishment of six US nuclear power plants in India.
- US reaffirmed its strong support of India’s early membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group. This commitment was made at the 9th round of the India-US Strategic Security Dialogue held in Washington DC yesterday.
- The Ministry of External Affairs, in a statement said, the Indian delegation was led by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale, while the US delegation was led by Andrea Thompson, Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security.
- India and US also exchanged views on a wide range of global security and non-proliferation challenges. They reaffirmed their commitment to work together to prevent the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their delivery systems and to deny access to such weapons by terrorists and non-state actors.
Arecanut gets its first GI tag for ‘Sirsi Supari’
- Arecanut, known as supari or betel nut, made its entry in the list of agricultural produce for the first time with the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for ‘Sirsi Supari’.
- The GI tag was accorded by the Registrar of Geographical Indications in the first week of March 2019.
- Sirsi-based agri cooperative, Totagars’ Cooperative Sale Society (TSS) Ltd is the registered proprietor of the Sirsi Supari. The cooperative began the process of obtaining a GI tag for Sirsi Supari in 2013.
Cabinet approves accession of India to Nice Agreement, Vienna Agreement, and Locarno Agreement
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on March 13, 2019 approved accession of India to Nice Agreement, Vienna Agreement, and Locarno Agreement.
- The Nice Agreement concerns the International classification of Goods and Services for the purposes of registration of marks.
- The Vienna Agreement is about establishing an International Classification of the figurative elements of marks.
- The Locarno Agreement seeks to establish an International classification for industrial designs.
India awards 200 Golden Jubilee Scholarships to Nepali students
- The Indian Embassy in Nepal on Wednesday awarded 200 Golden Jubilee Scholarships to meritorious Nepali students for continuing various undergraduate courses at colleges and universities.
- Awarding the certificates to the students in Kathmandu, Nepal’s Secretary of Education Khaga Raj Baral said, India has been providing valuable support for the development of education in Nepal.
- This year the scholarships recipients covered for 36 undergraduate courses including MBBS, BDS, BE, BSc, BBA and BCom etc. The students have been shortlisted from 50 districts of Nepal. They include around 45 per cent girls and 8 per cent differently able students.
- The Government of India had started the prestigious Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme in 2002 to mark the completion of 50 years of India-Nepal Economic Cooperation.
Corporate Affairs Ministry releases national guidelines on responsible business conduct
- The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs has released the National Guidelines on responsible business conduct and revised the National Voluntary Guidelines on social, environmental and economic responsibilities of business, 2011.
These guidelines on responsible business conduct aim to urge businesses to actualise the following principles in letter and spirit:
- Businesses should conduct and govern themselves with integrity in a manner that is ethical, transparent and accountable.
- Businesses should provide goods and services in a manner that is sustainable and safe.
- Businesses should respect and promote the well-being of all employees, including those in their value chains.
- Businesses should respect the interests of and be responsive to all their stakeholders.
India Pavilion inaugurated at London Book Fair
- Vikram Sahay, Joint Secretary at Union Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and Sadhana Rout, Director General of Publications Division jointly inaugurated the India Pavilion at London Book Fair.
- The Fair is being held in the London Olympia from March 12 to 14, 2019.
- The India Pavilion lays special focus on 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It displays the digital version of the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, apart from various other titles on Culture, History and Folklore of India.
ASTROSAT observed new population of Ultraviolet Stars in the Globular Cluster NGC 2808
- Astronomers from Thiruvananthapuram and Mumbai identified a new population of ultraviolet stars in the globular cluster NGC 2808 using the Indian space observatory AstroSat.
- Launched in September 2015, AstroSat is India’s dedicated multi-wavelength space observatory that observes the universe in the optical, ultraviolet, low and high energy X-ray regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Major astronomy Institutions and some Universities in India are participating in these observations.
World Kidney Day 2019 observed
- The World Kidney Day 2019 was observed on March 14, 2019, the second Thursday of March, with an aim to raise awareness of the importance of our kidneys.
- The theme of World Kidney Day 2019 was “Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere”.
India has the 11th largest gold reserve: World Gold Council Report
- As per the latest report of the World Gold Council, India has the 11th largest gold reserve and the current gold holding is pegged at 607 tonnes.
- The top spot is occupied by US gold reserves of 8,133.5 tonnes, followed by Germany at second with 3,369.7 tonnes gold reserves.
- China and Japan have more reserves of the precious metal when compared to India. Mainland China has gold reserves of 1,864.3 tonnes and Japan has gold reserves of 765.2 tonnes.
- The World Gold Council report highlights the quantum of gold holding by the different countries.
GoDaddy becomes official sponsor of ICC World Cup 2019
- Website hosting company, GoDaddy on March 12, 2019 became the official sponsor of the International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup 2019.
- The 2019 World Cup will be held in the United Kingdom from May 30 to July 14, 2019.
- Under the partnership, GoDaddy will get visibility on ground, perimeter of the boundary, side screen, and placards during the matches.
- It will run various campaigns starting April 2019.
- GoDaddy has cricketer MS Dhoni as its brand ambassador.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 14 March 2019
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!