Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 23rd August 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 23rd August 2019
BANKING AND FINANCE CURRENT AFFAIRS
RBI Made some changes
- The Reserve Bank of India allows customers to make recurring payments of less than Rs.2000 without the two-factor authentication process.
- The changing payment needs and the requirement to balance the safety and security of card transactions with customer convenience decided to permit processing of e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions (merchant payments).
RBI: The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee.
- Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: B P Kanungo, M K Jain, N S Vishwanathan
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
NITI Aayog VC discusses Rice Fortification Pilot Scheme
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar today met Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan in New Delhi and discussed the Rice Fortification Pilot Scheme.
- In order to ensure effective tackling the problem of Malnutrition, a road map will be charted out by the Department of Food and Public Distribution for taking the pilot scheme of Rice Fortification all over the country.
NITI Aayog: The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
- Formed: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Chairman: PM Narendra Modi
- Vice-Chairman: Rajiv Kumar
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
India to launch e-commerce portal Bharatcraft for MSMEs
- Union Government is planning to launch an e-commerce portal named “Bharatcraft” for MSME’s.
- The portal is based on other e-commerce portals like ‘Alibaba’ and ‘Amazon’.
- The portal will provide a platform for MSMEs to market and sell their products and in turn boost the sector.
- The MSME Union Minister, the Bharat Craft portal has a huge potential to generate revenue worth Rs 10 lakh crore in the next 2-3 years.
PM Modi visits France
- Prime Minister Modi is paying a two-day state visit to France from 22 August ahead G-7 meeting. Modi and his French counterpart President Emmanuel Macron held talks discussed to strengthen strategic ties in key sectors.
- Prime Minister Modi has been invited for the G-7 summit that is to be held on August 25.
- The summit is to held in Biarritz, France. G-7 summit will include talks about the scrapping of Article 370.
France (Capital/Currency): Paris/Euro
- Prime Minister: Edouard Philippe
- President: Emmanuel Macron
Power Minister Shri RK Singh approves proposal to declare ocean energy as Renewable Energy
- Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri RK Singh approved a proposal to declare ocean energy as Renewable Energy.
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
‘Mission Reach Out’: Indian Army distributed Portable Solar Lights to poor families in J&K
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Indian Army, as part of Mission Reach Out, distributed Portable Solar Lights to the poor families of village Lapri Top and adjoining villages of Reasi District of Jammu Division.
- The project of distribution of portable solar lights was undertaken and a total of 180 portable solar lights were distributed by the Army.
- The project is aimed at fulfilling basic needs of children and youth to study in the hours of darkness and facilitate women in doing their household chores.
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Russia launches rocket carrying life-sized robot to International Space Station
- Russia launched a rocket carrying life-sized robot to the International Space Station (ISS) from Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- It is set to arrive at the station on Saturday.
- The robot, named Fedor is the first ever sent into space by Russia
Russia (Capital/Currency): Moscow/Ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
Dubai Airports celebrated arrival of inaugural flight of full service Indian carrier Vistara
- Dubai Airports celebrated the arrival of the inaugural flight of full service Indian carrier Vistara from Mumbai at a ceremony at Dubai International airport.
- Vistara’s daily non-stop service between Mumbai and Dubai will offer an additional choice to the tens of thousands of passengers who travel between the two cities daily.
UAE (Capital/Currency): Dubai/Dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
The 2 plus 2 intersessional between US and India is being held in California
- The 2+2 intersessional and the Maritime Security Dialogue between India and the U.S. officials are being held in the Naval Postgraduate School at Monterey, California.
- The intersessional meeting aims to strengthen the strategic partnership.
- The first 2+2 Dialogue was held on September 2018. After the dialogue, India and the U.S. have had intense ties in the trade, strategic and defence aspects of the relationship.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
Amit Shah chairs 24th meeting of Western Zonal Council in Goa
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah today chaired the 24th meeting of Western Zonal Council at Panaji in Goa.
- It is a forum for the Centre and states to exchange ideas on issues like health, security and social welfare.
- Modalities for allocation of surplus land of Central Government for housing for poor, Increase of Banking coverage in remote villages.
- Resolution of Transfer of Land issues with Maharashtra, Gujarat and UT of Daman Diu, and Utilisation of funds for police modernisation were discussed in the meeting.
Goa: Capital City (Panji) CM (Pramod Sawant) Governor (Mridula Sinha)
Former PM Manmohan Singh takes oath as member of Rajya Sabha
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today took oath as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- The oath was administered by Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu.
- Singh has come back as a member of the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan.
SPORTS CURRENT AFFAIRS
Vikram Rathour to replace Sanjay Bangar as India’s new batting coach
- Former opener Vikram Rathour replace Sanjay Bangar as India’s new batting coach while Bharath Arun and R. Sridhar retained as bowling and fielding coaches.
- The senior national selection committee headed by MSK Prasad.
- The commended three names each for all the support staff positions and the top names in each category appointed as a Conflict of Interest declaration.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Culture Minister Prahlad Patel launches book titled- the Diary of Manu Gandhi’
- Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel launched the book titled- the Diary of Manu Gandhi’ at a function in New Delhi.
- The book has been brought out by National Archives of India, on the occasion of 150th anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi in collaboration with Oxford University Press.
- The Diary of Manu Gandhi originally written in Gujarati language has been edited and translated by a well known scholar Dr. Tridip Suhrud.
- The first volume of the book covers the period of 1943-1944. Manu Gandhi was a grand niece of Mahatma Gandhi.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 23rd August 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!