Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Current Affairs Today 10th August 2019. These are important for the upcoming Exams. Candidates those who were preparing for the examination can use these current affairs and also you can download the same as PDF.
Current Affairs Today – 10th August 2019
BANKING CURRENT AFFAIRS
State Bank of India MD Dinesh Kumar Khara got an extension by 2 years after a review of his performance
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, Government of India extended the tenure of State Bank of India (SBI) Managing Director (MD)Dinesh Kumar Khara by another 2 years with effect from August 9, 2019.
- He is appointed Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI) for a period of three years on August 10, 2016.
- He joined SBI as Probationary Officer (PO) and has over 33 years of experience in all sides of Commercial banking such as Retail Credit, deposit mobilization, international banking operations, and branch management.
State Bank of India: Founded on: As 2 June 1806 (Bank of Calcutta), 15 April 1840 (Bank of Bombay), 1 July 1843 (Bank of Madras), 27 January 1921 (Imperial Bank of India), 1 July 1955 (State Bank of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Rajnish Kumar
- SBI is the largest commercial bank and the largest mortgage lender across the country.
- SBI has 22,010 branches and 58,000 ATM/CDM across India.
Indian Bank signs up Corporate Agency with Chola MS
- Indian Bank has entered into a corporate agency agreement with Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd (Chola MS) for distribution of the latter’s insurance products to Indian Bank customers.
- Under the agreement, Cholamandalam MS insurance products ranging from motor, home, health PA, and travel insurance, and SME and commercial line of business.
- Founded: 15 August 1907
- Headquarters: Chennai, India
- Managing Director and CEO: Ms. Padmaja Chunduru
- Tagline: Your Own Bank
DBS Bank India ties up with Social Alpha to incubate social entrepreneurs
- DBS Bank India has tied up with technology business incubator Social Alpha.
- OBJECTIVE: to mentor enterprises that focus on sectors such as inclusion, healthcare, and environment.
- DBS Bank will also give an annual programme grant of Rs 1 crore. DBS Bank will mentor and support three ventures over the next 18 months.
DBS: DBS Bank is a multinational banking and financial services corporation. The company was known as The Development Bank of Singapore Limited, before the present name was adopted in July 2003 to reflect its changing role as a regional bank.
- Headquarters: Singapore
- CEO: Piyush Gupta
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
Centre aims to cover entire nation under ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme by 2020
- Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has said that Centre aims to cover almost every part of the country under ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme by 1st June 2020.
- The scheme will be determined by the computerization of the Public Distribution SystemRation card portability, the pilot project of ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’, has been formally launched by the Minister between Andhra Pradesh – Telangana and Gujarat – Maharashtra.
Bengaluru based startup Grexter Living acquires i2Stay
- Bengaluru based Housing startup “Grexter Living” is a co-living provider acquired i2Stay. Some built-to-suit projects which i2stay.
- Rajasekhar Gowreneni will join Grexter Living as the managing partner for South India.
- They took over some built-to-suit projects which i2stay for Grexter Living as the managing partner for South India.
Karnataka: Capital City(Bengaluru) CM(K.Chengalaraya Reddy) Governor(Vajubhai Vala)
STATE CURRENT AFFAIRS
In Jammu and Kashmir, the State unit of BJP will celebrate “Jashn-e-Azadi”
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the State unit of BJP will celebrate “Jashn-e-Azadi” on the occasion of Independence Day on August 15 at every panchayat across Jammu and Kashmir.
- This was stated by the state unit chief of the party, Ravinder Raina during an interaction with village heads in Jammu.
Assam govt to celebrate Independence Day in grand manner
- The Assam government will celebrate the Independence Day in a grand manner. Steps are being taken across the state to celebrate it with 3 days programmes.
- Various competitions, cultural events, felicitation programs, rallies, cleanliness drive will be held during the three day celebration.
- The Guwahati office of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will hold a cultural program in the evening of the 14th August.
- Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal will host the tricolour in Guwahati on 15th of August while all other Ministers will unfurl the tricolour in various districts.
Assam: Capital City(Dispur) CM(Sarbananda Sonowal) Governor(Jagdish Mukhi)
Manipur tops in Breastfeeding, Infant & Young Child Feeding Practices
- Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan released a report on Breastfeeding in New Delhi.
- Manipur has topped the raknings in Breastfeeding and Infant and Young Child Feeding Practices in the country.
- Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Bihar are at the bottom positions in the report card.
- National capital Delhi is also among the worst-performing States.
Manipur: Capital City(Imphal) CM(Nongthombam Biren Singh) Governor(Padmanabha Acharya)
INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
China condemns the rules unveiled by the U.S. that ban Huawei and other Chinese firms
- China has condemned the rules unveiled by the U.S. that ban Huawei and other Chinese firms from government contracts.
- It also decried the U.S.’s abuse of state power in the latest move in the escalating China-U.S. trade war.
- The interim rule which was passed recently by the US govt.
- This will stop all the US federal agency from purchasing telecom or technology equipment from the chinese firms.
USA (Capital/Currency): Washington, D.C./ United States Dollar
- Prime Minister: Donald Trump
China (Capital/Currency): Beijing/ Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
US approves 12 multi mission Seahawk helicopters to South Korea
- The US government has approved the sale of 12 multi-mission Seahawk helicopters to South Korea worth $800 million.
- The announcement was made after the US President Donald Trump announced that South Korea had agreed to pay more for US military presence in their country.
- The helicopters are bolstered with an anti-surface and anti-submarine missions. This can handle the secondary missions like replenishment, search and rescue and communications relay.
USA (Capital/Currency): Washington, D.C./ United States Dollar
- Prime Minister: Donald Trump
South Korea (Capital/Currency): Seoul/Won
- 41st Prime Minister: Lee Nak-yeon
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
3rd International Electric Vehicle (EV) Conclave held in Manesar
- The 3rd International Electric Vehicle Conclave was inaugurated at the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) in Manesar, Haryana.
- The Conclave was held to create a knowledge sharing platform to ensure flow of information at all levels in the automotive sector.
- The conclave was organized by ICAT in association with India Energy Storage Alliance with a focus on new trends and challenges in the field of electric mobility.
Haryana: Capital City(Chandigarh) CM(Manohar Lal Khattar) Governor(Satyadev Narayan Arya)
AGREEMENTS AND MOU SIGNED
Kerala signs MoU with ISRO VSSC to promote space technology in state
- The Kerala government and Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to give a push to the state’s endeavour in space technology.
- The agreement signed by State IT Secretary M Sivasankar and VSSC Director S Somanath. It was signed in the presence of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
- VSSC and the Kerala Government joining hands for the project, Kerala is set to make major strides in the space technology sector.
Kerala: Capital City(Thiruvananthapuram) CM(Pinarayi Vijayan) Governor(Palanisamy Sathasivam)
ISRO: The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India.
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
SPORTS CURRENT AFFAIRS
BCCI agrees to come under the ambit of NADA
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today agreed to come under the ambit of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- This landmark decision makes Indian Cricket’s governing body a sports federation as per government norms despite being financially autonomous.
- Sports Secretary Radheshyam Jhulaniya, who along with NADA Director General Navin Agarwal met BCCI CEO Rahul Johri along with the Board’s General Manager (Cricket Operations) Saba Karim in New Delhi.
BCCI: The Board of Control for Cricket in India is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- Founded: December 1928
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chief Exec: Rahul Johri
- Presidents: Vinod Rai (interim), C.K. Khanna
- Women’s coach: W. V. Raman
- Men’s coach: Ravi Shastri
NADA: The National Anti-Doping Agency is the national organisation responsible for promoting, coordinating, and monitoring the doping control program in sports in all its forms in India.
- Headquarters: U.S
- CEO: Navin Agarwal
Colin Ackermann becomes the 1st player in T20 cricket history to claim a 7-wicket
- Colin Ackermann(28) plays for Leicestershire Foxes set the new T20(Twenty20) world record with seven wickets for just 18 runs (7-18) to victory by 55 runs against the Birmingham Bears in 2019 Vitality Blast.
- The event is held in Grace Road, England, and Wales.
- The previous T20 best of (6-5), taken by Malaysian bowler, Arul Suppiah for Somerset against Glamorgan in 2011.
South Africa (Capital/Currency) : (Cape Town(Legislative)/South African rand)
- President: Cyril Ramaphosa
DEFENCE CURRENT AFFAIRS
Cochin Shipyard launched two ro pax vessels for IWAI
- The Cochin Shipyard has launched two ro-pax (roll-on roll-off passenger) vessels on 8 August.
- The ro-pax was designed and built by the Cochin Shipyard for the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI).
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Tamil Book Oru Manidhan Oru Iyakkam Kalaignar Mu. Karunanidhi released by K Veeramani
- The book titled ‘Oru Manidhan Oru Iyakkam Kalaignar Mu. Karunanidhi’ in Tamil language .
- It refers the life and work of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (Dravidian Progressive Conference) (DMK) leader Late M Karunanidhi, the former Tamil Nadu chief minister launched by K Veeramani, president of Dravidar Kazhagam in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The book was first published by Frontline.
President Kovind hosts At-Home reception in honour of freedom fighters at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- President Ram Nath Kovind hosted At-Home reception in the honour of freedom fighters at Rashtrapati Bhavan this evening.
- The President also felicitated freedom fighters from across the country on the occasion.
- The event was held to mark the 77th anniversary of Quit India Movement.
66th National Film Awards winners
- The announcement of the most prestigious awards the 66th National Film Awards 2018 is being held at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi.
The list of 66th National Film Awards winners:
- Best Hindi Film: Andhadhun
- Best Action: KGF
- Best Choreography: Jyoti D Tommar for Padmaavat song ‘Ghoomar’
- Best Music Director: Sanjay Leela Bhansali for Padmaavat
- Best Sound Designer: URI
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Andhadhun
- Best Male Playback Singer: Arijit Singh for Padmaavat song ‘Binte Dil’
- Best Female Playback Singer: Bindu Malini for Nathicharami song ‘Maayavi Manave’
- Best Lyrics: Nathicharami
- Best Supporting Actress: Surekha Sikri for Badhaai Ho
- Best Supporting Actor: Swanand Kirkire for Chumbak
- Best Film on Social Issues: Padman
- Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment: Badhaai Ho
- Best Actor: Ayushmann Khurrana for Andhadhun and Vicky Kaushal for URI
- Best Actress: Keerthy Suresh for Mahanati
- Best Director: Aditya Dhar for URI
- Best Feature Film: Hellaro
- Best Original Screenplay: Chi La Sow
- Best Dialogue: Tarikh
- Best Cinematography: MJ Radhakrishnan for Olu
- Special Mention Awards: Sruthi Hariharan, Chandrachoor Rai, Jojo George and Savithri
- Best Costume Design: Mahanati
- Best Production Design: Kammara Sambhavam
- Best Editing: Nathicharami
- Best Special Effects: Awe and KGF
- Best Makeup artist: Awe
NOTE: Every year, the awards are announced in April and the ceremony is held in May. However, this year, the awards were postponed because of the general elections.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
IIT Madras introduced a method to recycle urine
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) introduced the Project Water Chakra to recycle urine.
- The project was done by an IIT-M student with 3 project staff.
- The Project Water Chakra won the Indian Innovation Growth Programme 2.0 award in July 2019.
- The project has developed a prototype for the Carbon Zero Challenge.
Download the Daily Current Affairs 10th August 2019 – Click Here
For More Daily Current Affairs – Click Here
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 3
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!