Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here are the important Daily Current Affairs 27 February 2019. These are important for the upcoming CWC 2019 and SBI PO 2019 Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 27 February 2019 for Bank, SSC and Competitive Exams
IWAI, Indian Oil sign MoU on fuel needs for national waterways
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on February 26, 2019 for jointly developing infrastructure for fuels, lubricating oil, LPG, natural gas and any other related fuel and gas for meeting the requirement of national waterways.
- The agreement will provide for an understanding over general modalities of mutual cooperation leading to addressing futuristic demand of any form of energy for Inland Waterways and associated services.
- The agreement covers development of infrastructure for receipt, storage, dispensing and supply of fuels, lubricating oils, liquefied petroleum gas for domestic and commercial use, natural gas and any other related fuel and gas.
- It will also cover infrastructure development for setting up of a consumer pump for supplying fuels to vehicles, locomotives, machinery and equipments and retail outlets for fuel and gas at terminals and multimodal terminals.
FAGMIL, Himachal Pradesh Government sign MoU to establish White cement Plant Project
- The FCI Aravali Gypsum and Minerals India Limited (FAGMIL) signed MoU with the Himachal Pradesh Government to establish a white cement plant near village Nohra Dhar in Sirmour district, Himachal Pradesh at a project cost of approximately Rs. 605 crores.
- It will be the 4th white cement plant in the country.
- The installed capacity of the plant would be 0.3 million tonnes per annum and it will generate the direct employment of approximately 150 persons.
- The plant is expected to be commenced by the year 2022.
Nitin Gadkari lays foundation stone for Road Project in Phagwara
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for an elevated structure and vehicular underpass (VUP) on NH-44 at Phagwara City in Kapurthala district of Punjab.
- The length of this six lane project is 2.555 Kms, and approximate cost is Rs 165 crore.
- This project will bring safety and convenience to local road users.
India and states
Assam launches PRANAM commission to protect parents of state government employees
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on February 26, 2019 launched the PRANAM Commission, which is a panel set up to look after the issues concerning a Bill brought in for the protection of parents of state government employees.
- The Parents Responsibility and Norms for Accountability and Monitoring (PRANAM) Bill, stated to be the first-of-its-kind bill in the country, aims to protect elderly parents of government employees in their times of need.
- The PRANAM Bill makes it mandatory for the state government employees to look after their parents and unmarried differently-abled siblings who do not have their own sources of income.
- Under the bill’s provisions, if the PRANAM Commission gets a complaint that parents of a state government employee are being ignored, then 10 or 15 per cent of the employee’s salary will be deducted by the government and paid to the parents or differently-abled siblings.
Composition of PRANAM Commission
- Chief Commissioner: V B Pyarelal
- Commissioners: Dr. Alaka Desai Sarma and Jugabala Buragohain
Exercise Sampriti 2019: India-Bangladesh joint military exercise to be held from March 2
- India and Bangladesh will be conducting a joint military exercise, ‘Exercise Sampriti 2019’ at Tangail, Bangladesh from March 2 to March 15, 2019.
- This will be the eighth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- As part of the ongoing India-Bangladesh defence cooperation, Exercise Sampriti is an important bilateral endeavor between India and Bangladesh.
- The exercise is aimed to strengthen and broaden the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between the Indian and Bangladesh Armies.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations in a counter insurgency and counter terrorism environment under the mandate of the United Nations.
ISRO to launch electronic intelligence satellite ‘Emisat’
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) would be launching an electronic intelligence satellite Emisat for Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in March 2019.
- In the special mission, ISRO would also be launching 28 third-party satellites and demonstrate its new technologies like three different orbits with a new variant of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) rocket.
- The exact date of the mission has not been specified yet.
- ISRO would be using a PSLV rocket with four strap-on motors. For the first time, it will be trying to orbit the rocket at three different altitudes.
- The main passenger of the PSLV rocket will be DRDO’s electronic intelligence satellite ‘Emisat’. The satellite alone weighs about 420 kg.
- The remaining 28 satellites would cumulatively weigh about 250 kg.
National Cancer Institute at Jhajjar a part of AIIMS Delhi; AIIMS Rewari to come up as 22nd AIIMS in country
- The National Cancer Institute (NCI) at Jhajjar, Haryana, recently dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is an integral part of All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- This tertiary healthcare institute dedicated for cancer care is the second campus of the AIIMS Delhi only.
- Built at a cost of Rs. 2035 crores, NCI is the largest investment by the Government in a single hospital project and holds the unique distinction of being one of the mega healthcare projects to be completed in a record time of 3 years.
- The NCI will have 710 patient care beds dedicated for cancer prevention, treatment, research and education.
- It will be equipped with cutting edge technology and shall have 25 Operation Theatres, 5 Linear Accelerators, 4 PET Scanners, 3 Brachy-therapy, 2 CT Scanners, 2 MRI Scanners and much more.
- It will also have the first public sector proton facility of the country, a new prototype in the treatment of cancer patients.
NDMA to conduct national workshop on heat wave risk reduction
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is conducting a two-day national workshop on heat wave risk reduction on February 27-28, 2019.
- The workshop, to be held at Nagpur, has been organised in collaboration with the Maharashtra Government.
- Heat wave has emerged as one of the major severe weather events around the globe in recent years.
Government launches ‘2nd Edition of ISL Dictionary’ for hearing impaired persons
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot on February 27, 2019 launched the ‘2nd Edition of Indian Sign Language (ISL) Dictionary’.
- The dictionary has been prepared by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The second edition of dictionary includes total 6000 words. The first edition of the dictionary was launched on March 23, 2018 with 3000 words.
- The Dictionary includes total 6000 words under the categories of academic, legal, medical, technical and everyday terms.
- The dictionary videos contain the sign, the English term for the sign and pictures where relevant.
- A word list is also given with the English and Hindi equivalents of the signs.
National Institutes of Design inaugurated at Bhopal and Jorhat
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu inaugurated National Institutes of Design (NID) at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jorhat in Assam through video conference from New Delhi.
- Both institutes are autonomous institutions under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The National Design Policy 2007 had recommended setting up design institutes on the lines of NID, Ahmedabad in other parts of India to promote design programs.
- Four new NIDs have been set up in Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra) with a total outlay of Rs. 434 crore.
Sanath Jayasuriya banned from cricket for two years
- Former Sri Lankan Cricket captain Sanath Jayasuriya has been banned from cricket for a period of two years.
- The information was shared by the International Cricket Council through a statement on February 26, 2019.
- The veteran cricketer has been banned from all forms of cricket for two years after he admitted to breaching the following two provisions of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
Nigerian Prez Muhammadu Buhari re-elected for second term
- Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has been re-elected for a second four year term.
- The country’s Election Commission said, 76-year-old Buhari defeated his main rival, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar with a margin of around four million votes. Abubakar’s People’s Democratic Party has rejected the result.
- The polling was marred by large-scale violence and delay. Buhari has been lauded for his progress against the insurgent group Boko Haram, which has killed more than 10,000 and displaced millions.
Click below to download the PDF of Today’s Current Affairs 27 February 2019
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!