RRB ALP exam is conducted to recruit Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP). The notification is published to recruit ALP and Technician too, the total number of vacancies released by the RRB are 26502. The last date of application was 5th March 2018. The exam consists of Written Test and Interview. We have already covered the topic “RRB ALP Exam Pattern and Syllabus”, therefore, refer to those before starting the preparation for RRB ALP Exam. This article provides the tips and tricks to crack RRB ALP Exam.
Stages of RRB ALP Exam:
The RRB ALP Exam happens in the stages below and the examination will take place online.
- First Stage CBT
- Second Stage CBT (Those who get qualified in the first stage will be shortlisted for the second stage)
- Aptitude Skills Test (this is only for the ALP opted candidates)
- Document Verification
Tips and tricks to crack RRB ALP Exam:
Below are the tips for the first stage of RRB ALP Exam:
- General Awareness:
Pick up a book that covers all topics and chapters on History, Geography, Politics, Personalities, Sports, Film, Longest-largest-Highest-Smallest, etc., Literature, Noble Prizes, and current events. Follow the news on TV too as well as read newspapers as well as magazines.
Your math up to the 8th standard should be perfect. Prepare from the basics that are profit/loss, interest calculation, area/volume, flow rate, work, numbers, ratio, algebra, trigonometry etc. Memorize the formula that are required and solve the problems.
- General Science:
Prepare from the NCERT books of class IX and X and simultaneously, take mock tests.
- Technical Ability:
You must be well versed with the basics of various subjects including Mechanical, automobile, electrical, electronics, and Communication subjects.
- General Intelligence/Reasoning:
When it comes to general intelligence/reasoning, the questions come from series, direction, rotation, sequence, symmetry, relations, etc. Practice from the previous question papers and take mock tests. This is the best way to improve in terms of both accuracy and speed.
- First and the foremost thing is to be aware of the rrb alp syllabus and pattern of the exam and prepare a study plan.
- While preparing, make notes that you may refer at a later point of time and do a quick revision. This should definitely include formulae and concepts.
- Self-assessment is the most important part that will help you assess where you stand and then improve by practicing more. Take mock tests, check where you are lagging and practice more from the model test papers and previous years’ question papers. This will also improve your accuracy as well speed of answering.
The key to crack the RRB ALP exam is a good preparation plan, practice and self-assessment. Prepare well and make a good attempt to crack the exam. All the best.