Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts exams for recruitment to various Government posts. This exam is for Indian citizens only. The posts that get filled based on SSC results are Group B Governmental posts, Group C Technical posts and many more to the list. SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam is also organized and conducted by SSC. This is for subordinate staff recruitment in Group B category. This exam is conducted in English or Hindi.
SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers:
According to toppers in the previous year exams speed plays an important role as the numbers of questions are more and the time provided is less. With speed in mind, accuracy also has to be kept in mind to score the desired qualifying marks.
- SSC CGL is an online exam. There is negative marking for wrong answers. Paper 1, 3, and 4 are awarded 0.5 marks as negative for wrong answer while paper 2 is 0.25 marks.
- Paper 1 and 2 are compulsory for all the candidates appearing for SSC CGL exam. Quantitative aptitude and English language and comprehension are required for candidates in all Government positions.
- If a candidate has applied for the post of statistical investigator then the paper 3 has to be attempted by them only.
- Paper 4 is conducted for those aspirants who are interested in the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO).
Just knowing the exam plan will not help you score the qualifying marks. As per the toppers the study plan after qualifying in SSC CGL Tier I have to be systematically planned so that you follow the effective strategy.
Here is some SSC CGL Tier preparation tips by toppers to help you prepare well:
- Know the ssc cgl syllabus and the exam pattern: Before you start preparing for the SSC CGL exam have an insight into the pattern and syllabus of the exam. This will help you plan the strategy that is needed to crack the exam. By knowing the syllabus you can concentrate on those topics of importance and pay attention to such topics.
- Draft a study plan: Once the syllabus and exam pattern is known to the candidate, next would be to know your strengths and weaknesses. This will help you in drafting a study plan as per your strong and weak topics, giving importance to the weak topics. Prepare a time table as per your comfort and your capacity.
- Time management: While you prepare for the exam keep the time constraint in mind. Learn to solve questions with minimum time in hand. Mimic the exam scenario as you prepare which will help you in facing the time challenge in the exam. Try to be accurate and reduce negative marking. All this has to be practiced as you start preparing for the exam.
- Prepare notes of your own: Prepare notes of your own. It should contain all the important formulas, tricks, and short cuts necessary to crack the exam. Write important points in the notes which you should have it in mind for the exam. Revise it regularly.
- Solve easy questions first: As you prepare make it a point to solve all the easy questions first and be accurate. Then move on to the different levels of the exam.
- Take SSC CGL Online Mock Test and practice previous papers: Regularly take mock exams and also practice the previous year question papers. This will give you a thorough idea of the exam as well as boost your confidence. By doing this you can boost your weaker areas and excel in those fields.
Learn all the basics, manage time effectively and being accurate is the mantra followed by all the toppers of SSC CGL exam. You too follow these SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers and stand out in your performance.