Today, we bring to you a section-wise preparation strategy for SBI Clerk 2018 numerical ability. This strategy is brought to you by Oliveboard, an online exam preparation platform for government, banking and MBA exams.
Before we dive into the preparation strategy, let’s take a quick look at the SBI Clerk 2018 syllabus for the numerical ability section.
SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus for Numerical Ability
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Problem on ages
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Percentages & Partnership
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Boats & Streams
- Averages & Mixtures
- Simple & Compound Interest
SBI Clerk 2018 Preparation Strategy for Numerical Ability
- In simplification, some of the most common topics (as per SBI Clerk 2016) are: Surds and powers, ratios, percentages and BODMAS. The first step would be to clear your basics and then move on to the next stage practice questions.
- Some common series types in number series are: Squares and cubes, geometric, two-staged and mixed number series. Thus, it is advisable to memorize all squares up to 25 and cubes up to 20. This will make it easier for you to identify series at the first glance and hence, will help you improve your speed. The key to mastering this topic is daily practice. Attempting 4-5 questions, daily without fail and from various sources will go a long way.
- Data interpretation is one topic that can be calculation intensive. Some recurring question types are: tables, bar graphs, line graphs and pie charts. Make sure you practice at least question of each type. This will help you comprehend the data sets more quickly as you will be familiar and will help you increase your speed. Another important thing to do here would be to remember some fraction to decimal conversions. This will help you increase you speed of solving questions.
Hope this helps. Now, ace the exam preparation with Oliveboard Mocks!