Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on error corrections.
Directions (Q. 1-5): Which of the phrases given against the sentence should replace the word/phrase given in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, mark ‘No correction required’ as the answer.
- With a vast geographic spread and a huge population, anything that works in India, will surely work anywhere.
1) nowhere else 2) anywhere else 3) anyhow
4) somewhere 5) No correction required
- Were me a bird, I would fly to her.
1) Was me 2) Was I 3) Were I
4) Would I 5) No correction required
- He is afraid to me.
1) for 2) of 3) from
4) with 5) No correction required
- This lack of a clear strategy have spooked rightly investors.
1) have been rightly spooked 2) has been rightly spooked 3) has rightly spooked
4) have rightly spooked 5) No correction required
- Using mobile phones for banking operations would cut cost by branchless banking.
1) will be cutting cost 2) are cut costs 3) will be cost cutting
4) will cut costs 5) No correction required
Directions (Q. 6–10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’ the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
- The ruling came 1) / after the court acquitted, 2)/ a man who was accused continually 3)/beating a child. 4)/ No error 5)
- The app includes 1)/ contact numbers of the drivers, 2)/ registration number of the vehicle 3)/ and details of every member of the committee. 4) / No error 5)
- Atrocities committed 1)/ in places like Ballia, 2)/ which joined the Quit India movement of 1942, 3)/ is still not fully documented. 4)/ No error 5)
- This move helped countries 1)/ become more productive for themselves 2)/ and in a better position to feed 3)/ their own people. 4)/ No error 5)
- The most visible face against AFSPA (Armed Focus Speical Powers Act)1)/ in India must surely be that of from Sharmila, 2)/ who has been on a fast against the law, 3)/ from 2000 in Manipur. 4)/ No error 5)