Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on para jumble and double fillers.
Rearrange the following six sentences A, B, C, D, E and F in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them:
(A) You may visit your home once a year during your vacation.
(B) You will try to make comparisons between both countries and lifestyles.
(C) But when you will think to live and work in your own city after an expatriation, the way you will look at things will be different.
(D) When living in a country or place which is not yours, every day you discover new things.
(E) You will notice all changes that leave a big impression on you.
(F) You will happy to be backing home occasionally, meeting your family and friends.
1. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following should be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
In each of the following sentences there are blank spaces. Below each sentence there are five pairs of words denoted by the numbers a, b, c, d and e. Find out which pair of words can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it grammatically correct.
6. We don’t know what _____ him to _____ the crime
A) prompted, commit
B) excited, arouse
C) roused, rose
D) attracted, act
E) motivated, execute
7. This is the _________ chosen for the hospital _____ to be built next year.
A) site, complex
B) area, building
C) locality, limited
D) sight, region
E) region, building
8. The first page of this magazine must be read _____ the lines, it may have some _____ points.
A) behind, meaning
B) between, important
C) among, end
D) beyond, trigger
E) to, important
9. He shifted to his late parent’s house not because of the ______ it provided but for purely _____ reasons.
A) convenience, sentimental
B) grace, aesthetic
C) value, money
D) comforts, personal
E) luxury, emotional
10. It is _____ to see that his family supports him right through the _____.
A) heartening, ordeal
B) promising, agony
C) cheering, anguish
D) auspicious, calamity
E) encouraging, torture