Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on Error Corrections.
Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in the underlined parts. The error can be grammatical/spelling/phrase not appropriate in the given sentence. Mark the part with the error and if there is no error, mark (e).
- The fourth-seeded Canadianuses(a)/ the word repeatedly (b)/when answering questions after (c)/his loss(d)/ No error (e)
- The government is preparing to(a)/ evacuate a large number of Indian worker (b)/facing an uncertain future (c) /in Saudi Arabia following widespread layoffs (d)/No error (e).
- She continued selling(a)/the antidote to (b)/the highest biders (c)/ inside Babylon Towers (d)/ No error (e).
- The abundance of fish appearing(a)/ at many locations along the coastal (b)/sea used to be a matter of delight (c)/ among the fishermen for many decades (d)/No Error (e).
- I only (a) go to (b) the library (c)/once in a red moon (d)/No error (e).
Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the number of that part with error as your answer. If there is no error, mark (e).
- It is our duty (a)/ to put off our shoes (b)/ before entering the shrine(c)/ No error (e).
- My brother-in- laws (a)/ who lives in Mumbai (b)/ have come to stay with us (c)/ No error (e).
- I advised my son (a)/ to engage two coolies instead of one (b)/ because the luggage was too much heavy for a single coolie (d)/ No error (e).
- No sooner did the thief see the policeman (a)/ that he jumped over the wall (b)/ and ran away(c)/ No error (e).
- Raman was one of those great sons of India (a)/ who has earned everlasting fame (b)/for scientific researches(c)/ No error(e).