Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on Cloze Test & Error Correction.
Directions (Q. 1–5) : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’ the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any)
1. The task for most of us 1)/ is hard enough to make us well pleased 2)/ with even such imperfect 3)/ shelter we find in daily use and customs 4)/ No error 5)
2. They were lured with advertising and marketing techniques 1)/ and then finally, 2)/ once they became ready customers, 3)/ they were given loans to help them by more and more. 4) / No error 5)
3. Interesting thing about material things 1)/ is that they only give 2)/ an illusion of happiness; 3)/however, such happiness is always momentary in nature. 4)/ No error 5)
4. This research indicates that 1)/ we can no longer avoid 2)/ significant warm 3)/ during this century 4)/ No error 5)
5. It is intriguing, 1)/ especially when 2)/ some have been paying a much high price on fuel 3)/ as compared to their poorer counterparts. 4)/ No error 5)
Directions (Q. 6 – 10) : In the following passage some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
Like many things else, there are two sides to the technology story, especially in the Indian context. Information Technology or IT has become a major contributor to the GDP growth in India, largely _____(6) by the IT services industry. Today, India is a force to _____(7) with in the IT domain on a global scale, _____(8) some of the biggest companies on the planet. And yet, in spite of revolutionising the IT Services business, there has been little change wrought by IT back home. Adoption of technology, especially in the government domain (which has a mass rural interface) has been rather _____(9) and slow in the uptake. For years, Indians across the spectrum read stories about the magic of IT, and yet were _____(10) by it.
6. 1) demotivated 2) driven 3) demanded 4) issued 5) worsened
7. 1) revert 2) displace 3) abandon 4) reckon 5) dump
8. 1) weakening 2) failing 3) powering 4) missing 5) decreasing
9. 1) muted 2) conducted 3) expressing 4) strengthen 5) articulated
10. 1) extracted 2) irrelevant 3) pertinent 4) figured 5) untouched
Average rating / 5. Vote count: