Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of English Quiz for SBI Clerk 2018 Prelims examination based on error detection.
Directions (Q. 1-10): Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is 5). (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)
- 1) Parents are often unaware of the dangers / 2) of social networking sites / 3) and how to put private lives online / 4) can seriously harm a youngsters’ emotional life. / 5) No error
- 1) Bholu’s sentence has sent a clear and loud message / 2) to one and all that no one – however powerful / 3) he may be – is above the law / 4) and everyone will have to atone for their sins. / 5) No error
- 1) Corrupt officials and construction mafia continue to / 2) jeopardise the lives of thousand of residents / 3) in the country by constructing illegal buildings / 4) that flout safety regulations. / 5) No error
- 1) We need to look at / 2) the pros and cons / 3) of foreign investment / 4) in each sector. / 5) No error
- 1) We wish to place in the public domain / 2) all facts and figures available with / 3) the government, initiate a debate and take decision which / 4) are the best for the country. / 5) No error
- 1) One of the major problems with / 2) representative democracy is that / 3) the business of government has / 4) become the privilege of few. / 5) No error
- 1) Whether or not there exists a standard definition of the term globalisation, / 2) there is a broad agreement with the fact that / 3) the process of globalisation has had and continues to have / 4) profound impact on various aspects of human life. / 5) No error
- 1) If two types of economy exists in the country / 2) either there should be conflict / 3) between the two or / 4) one will overwhelm the other. / 5) No error
- 1) India is the second most populous / 2) country in the world / 3) and is expected to / 4) take over China by 2030. / 5) No error
- 1) Although the mission to Mars had been mentioned of and on by ISRO officials since 2007 / 2) and studies within ISRO for such a possible mission seem to have begun / 3) around that time, it had never been projected / 4) as a definitive planetary mission in the short term. / 5) No error
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!