Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of General Awareness Quiz for RRB Group D & ALP exams 2018.
1. The treaty of Mangalore was signed between
(a) the English East India Company and Haidar Ali
(b) the English East India Company and Tipu Sultan
(c) Haidar Ali and the Zamorin of Calicut
(d) the French East India Company and Tipu Sultan
2. World’s largest Charkha (spinning wheels) that was unveiled at Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI), New Delhi is made of the teak wood of which country?
(b) Sri Lanka
3. In which of the following cities are located 3 zonal headquarters of Indian Railways?
(c) New Delhi
4. Who of the following is known for having designed the first railway timetables?
(a) George Bradman
(b) George Bernard Shaw
(c) George Bradshaw
(d) George Brummel
5. Which HRD Ministry – appointed committee is drafting new National Education Policy (NEP)?
(a) Ram Shanker Kureel committee
(b) K Kasturisangan committee
(c) V G S Rathore committee
(d) KJ Alphonse committee
6. NIS stands for
(a) National Infectious diseases seminar
(b) National Irrigation Schedule
(c) National Immunisation Schedule
(d) National Information Sector
7. Which of the following criteria is not used for the classification of human races?
8. Multi purpose river valley projects are the “New temples of modern India “.
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Motilal Nehru
(c) Mahatma Gandhi
(d) Rajiv Gandhi
9. The Red Data Books published by the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources enumerate
(a) Biodiversity parks and wild life sanctuaries in different countries.
(b) Centres of origin of cultivated plants.
(c) Centres of origin of all economically important plants.
(d) Threatened species of plants and animals.
10. First Nobel Prize to India was given for :
Average rating / 5. Vote count: