Hello and welcome to Exampundit. Here is a set of Reasoning Quiz based on Statements and Arguments.
Each question below is followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is a ‘strong’ argument and which is a ‘weak’ argument.
Give answer (a) if only argument I is strong.
Give answer (b) if only argument II is strong.
Give answer (c) if either argument I or II is strong.
Give answer (d) if neither argument I nor II is strong.
Give answer (e) if both argument I and II are strong.
- Should all beggars on the roads in the big cities in India be forcibly sent to villages?
- No, this is grossly unfair and these people may die of hunger if they are sent to villages.
- Yes, these people create a bad impression of our country in the eyes of the foreigners who visit our country and hence, should be removed.
- Should all the criminals convicted for committing murder be awarded capital punishment?
- Yes, this will be a significant step towards reducing cases of murder in future.
- No, nobody has the right to take any person’s life irrespective of the acts of such individuals.
- Should all the professional colleges in India be encouraged to run their own courses without affiliation to any university?
- Yes, this is only way to create more opportunities for those who seek professional training.
- No, this will dilute the quality of professional training as all such colleges may not be equipped to conduct such courses.
- Should there be a maximum ceiling imposed on the earnings of an individual in an organisation?
- Yes, this will help equitable distribution of earnings to all the employees.
- No, the organization should have free hand to decide the pay packets of its employees.
- Should there be a compulsory military training for each college student in India?
- No, this goes against the basic democratic right of an individual to choose his/her own programs.
- Yes, this is the only way to build a strong and powerful nation.
- Should all such political parties which have less than ten elected members of parliament be derecognized and be debarred from contesting Lok Sabha seats?
- No, this is against the very basic tenet of our constitution.
- Yes, this will make the elections more meaningful as there will be fewer competing candidates in a constituency.
- Should more number of smaller states be formed from the remaining bigger states?
- No, a lot of public money will be wasted in the whole process.
- Yes, this will help in better governance and maximizing production in both industrial and agricultural sectors.
- Should the subsidy on petroleum products be further reduced?
- Yes, the present subsidy is a drain on national resources; let the consumer share the burden.
- No, this will have a cascading effect and the prices of all the commodities will sharply increase, creating higher rate of inflation.
- Should the term of the elected members of parliament be reduced to two years in India?
- Yes, even otherwise the elections are generally held every alternate year in India.
- No, every round of parliament election needs huge amount of money and it’s a national waste.
- Should the course fees of all post-graduate courses run by the universities be increased to the level of IlTs and IIMs?
- Yes, this will weed out non-serious students out of higher education.
- No, the poor brilliant students will not be able to join post-graduate courses.
Average rating / 5. Vote count: