Hello and welcome to exampundit. Here is a set of Quantitative Aptitude quiz for upcoming bank exams on Time, Work & Wages.
1. A single petrol tank supplies the petrol to the Lucknow, while the tank is fed by a single pipeline filling the tank with the stream of uniform volume. When the tank is full and if 40,000 liters of petrol is used daily, the supply fails in 90 days. If 32,000 liters of petrol is used daily, it fails in 60 days. How much petrol can be used daily without interruption ?
2. Four pipes A,B, C and D can fill a cistern in 20,25, 40 and 50 hours respectively. The first pipe A was opened at 6:00 am, B at 8:00 am, C at 9:00 am and D at 10:00 am. When will the Cistern be full?
3. Pipe A can fill the petrol reservoir in 4 hours, while pipe B can fill it in 6 hours working separately. Pipe C can empty whole the reservoir in 4 hours. Rahul opened the pipe A and B simultaneously to fill the empty reservoir. He wanted to adjust his alarm so that he could open the pipe C when it was half-filled, but he mistakenly adjusted his alarm at a time when his reservoir would be 3/4th filled. What is the time difference between both the cases, to fill the reservoir fully:
A) 54 minutes
B) 32 minutes
C) 20 minutes
D) 15 minutes
4. Krishna can reap a field in 20 days, while ram can reap the field in 25 days. They started to reap the field together. Few days later Sudama also joined them and thus all of them completed the whole work in 10 days. All of them were paid total Rs.800. What is the Share of Sudama?
5. Pipe 1 can fill a tank in 12 hours and pipe 2 can fill in 15 hours, separately. A third pipe 3 can empty in 20 hours. Initially pipe 1 was opened, after one hour pipe 2 was opened and then after 1 hour of opening of pipe2 , pipe 3 was opened. In how many hours tank will fill?
A) 9 2/3 hours
B) 10 hours
C) 6 2/3 hours
D) 5 hours
6. A group of boys decided to do a piece of work in 4 days. But since, 20 boys dropped out everyday, the job completed at the end of 7th day. How many boys were there at the beginning?
7. After passing out from a reputed fashion designing academy 5 friends A,B,C,D and E open a fashion store of their own. If 5 of them can design 1800 dresses in 90 days working alternatively, find the minimum possible number of dresses they can design in a single day by working together?
8. In how many days can the work be done by 8 men and 12 women?
(I) 6 men and 5 women can do the work in 6 days
(II) 3 men and 4 women can do the work in 16 days
(III) 18 men and 15 women can do the work in 5 days.
Which of the statements I, ii, iii are required to answer the above question?
A) 2 only
B) All the three
C) Any one of the 3
D) Any 2 of the 3
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!