Puri Jagannath Rath Yatra Gets Conditional Nod
- The heavenly celebration is held in Odisha’s Puri and imprints the excursion of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balbhadra and Goddess Subadhra from their genuine dwelling place (the Puri Jagannath Temple) to the Gundicha Temple.
- The Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra, otherwise called the chariot celebration, is praised each year with much energy and eagerness in Odisha and different pieces of the nation. Around 10 lakh enthusiasts from the nation over and abroad crowd Puri to participate in the celebration. Be that as it may, this time, the festivals have been defaced by the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Rath Yatra happens to be a 15-day long celebration. It starts on Dwitiya Tithi during Shukla Paksha of Ashada month which happens to fall on June 23 this year. As indicated by Drigpanchang, the Dwitiya Tithi started at 11:59 am on June 22 and will end at 11.19 am on June 23.
Decision of the Apex Court:
- The Supreme Court altered its 18 June request remaining the Jagannath Rath Yatra, allowing the chariot celebration to be held with specific conditions that remembered no open support and burden of time limit for the city because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The celebration of Rath Yatra sees the chariots of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra being brought out of the sanctuary consistently during the third month of the Hindu calendar.
- The report uncovers that three gigantic 18-wheeled chariots bearing the gods clear their path through monstrous groups. Their chariots are developed more than 42 days from more than 4,000 bits of wood by a family that has the innate rights to make them.
- Prior this month, the Supreme Court had remained the notable Rath Yatra at Puri, with Chief Justice Bobde saying, “Master Jagannath won’t excuse us on the off chance that we permit the current year’s Rath Yatra.” The seat said parties can’t happen because of the widespread ascent in coronavirus cases the nation over.
- As per the three-judge seat headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Sharad Arvind Bobde, the peak court is just considering leading the yatra in Puri and not anyplace else in Odisha.
- The pinnacle court in its request stated, “Rath, i.e, Chariot, will be pulled by not in excess of 500 people. Every one of those 500 people will be tried for the Coronavirus. They will be allowed to pull the chariot just on the off chance that they have been discovered negative. The number 500 will incorporate authorities and police work force.”
11 Conditions which Needs to be followed:
- All passage focuses into the city of Puri, i.e., air terminals, railroads stations, transport stands and so forth will be shut during the time of Rath Yatra celebration.
- The State Government will force a time limitation in the City of Puri on all the days and during all when Rath Yatra chariots are taken in parade. The State Government may likewise force check in time in the city of Puri on such different days and during such time as esteemed important.
- Each Ratha (Chariot) will be pulled by not in excess of 500 people. Every one of those people will be tried for the Coronavirus. They will be allowed to pull the chariot just on the off chance that they have been discovered negative.
- There shall be an interval of one hour between two chariots.
- Each of those who are engaged in puling the chariot shall maintain social distancing.
- Only covid negative persons to take part in the execution of the rituals.
- The essential obligation regarding directing the Rath Yatra as per the conditions and different standards will be that of the Committee accountable for Puri Jagannath Temple Administration.
- The customs and the Rath Yatra will be unreservedly secured by the visual media. The State Govt will permit TV cameras to be introduced at such places as might be discovered vital by the TV group.
- The uncovered number of individuals will be permitted by the board of trustees to take part in the ceremonies and in the Rath Yatra.
- The State Govt shall take such help as may be found necessary from the Union Govt.
- The State Govt will keep up a record containing subtleties of each one of the individuals who have been permitted to partake in the Rath Yatra or the customs associated therewith alongside subtleties of ailments in the wake of testing.
- Last 6 Months Current Affairs PDFs
- Click here to get Daily Current Affairs
- Click here to get Daily Current Affairs Quiz
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?