Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana – Govt Schemes PDFs: Dear EP Heros, as you all knew that we already provided many PDFs related to important Schemes launched by Indian Government which was important General Awareness Topic for all Mains Examination. As a part of our Government Schemes PDFs Series, today we are sharing the PDF on Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana. This is important for all Bank PO, Clerk and Competitive Exams. So, here is the detailed scheme with PDF. If you want to skip reading and download the PDF, swoop down below this page.
All About Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana Scheme:
Union Government has approved the “Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indhan- Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Yojana” for providing financial support to Integrated Bio-ethanol Projects using lignocelluloses biomass and other renewable feedstock.
Ministry : Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Government launched Ethanol Blended Petrol (EBP) programme in January, 2003. The programme was launched to promote the use of alternative and environment friendly fuels and to reduce import dependency for energy requirements.
- Currently this programme is being run in 21 States and 4 UTs of the country. Under this, OMCs are to blend upto 10% of ethanol in Petrol.
- The Scheme will allow procurement of ethanol produced from molasses and non-food feed stock like celluloses and lignocelluloses material including petrochemical route.
Features of Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana:
- Under the Scheme, Viability Gap Funding (VGF) to 12 Commercial Scale and 10 demonstration scale Second Generation (2G) ethanol Projects will be provided VGF Support in following two phases :
- a) Phase-I (2018-19 to 2022-23): In this phase, six commercial projects and five demonstration projects will be supported.
- b) Phase-II (2020-21 to 2023-24): In this phase remaining six commercial projects and five demonstration projects will be supported.
- To create suitable Ecosystem to Incentivize 2G Ethanol sector and set up commercial projects and increase Research & Development in this area
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana:
- Fossil fuels will be substituted with Biofuels, thus Import dependence will be reduced
- To Achieve the GHG emissions reduction targets through progressive blending/ substitution of fossil fuels.
- Support the aggregation of nonfood biofuel feedstocks such as waste biomass and urban waste.
- Improve health of citizens by addressing environment concerns caused due to burning of biomass or crop residues &
- Doubling farmer income by providing them remunerative income for their otherwise waste agriculture residues.
- Indigenizing of Second Generation Biomass to Ethanol technologies.
Ministry has targeted to achieve 10% blending percentage of Ethanol in petrol by 2022.
Second Generation (2G) Ethanol from biomass and other wastes will be explored by MoP&NG to bridge the supply gap for EBP programme.
Implementation Agency :
Centre for High Technology (CHT), will be the implementation Agency for the scheme.
Budget : Rs 5000 Crore
Important Take-aways :
|Scheme||Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana|
|Ministry||Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas|
|Aim||To providing financial support to Integrated Bioethanol Projects using lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock|
|Projects that will be provided funding support||12 Commercial Scale and 10 demonstration scale Second Generation (2G) ethanol Projects|
|Target||to achieve 10% blending percentage of Ethanol in petrol by 2022|
More Essential Govt Scheme PDF:
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!