Operation All Out in Kashmir: Dear Friends, Here we have given the detailed information about Operation All Out in Kashmir. This was an historical event from which we can expect GK Questions in Bank, UPSC and other competitive exam. Candidates can make use of it.
Operation All Out – How it began:
The operation was initiated with the consent of Ministry of Home Affairs of Government of India .
- Following the unrest in 2016 due to the death of Burhan Wani( commander of Kashmir militant) and subsequent militant and terrorist attacks in the region such as the Amarnath Yatra terror attack on 10 July 2017 – was indubitably a turning point.
- Receiving success in killing the top guns of key terror groups, including Lashkar-e-Taiba’s Abu Dujana, and slain Hizbul commander BurhanWani’s successor Sabzar Ahmad Bhat, Khalid of Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), and the nephews of JeM chief MasoodAzhar and 26/11 mastermind Zakir Ur RehmanLakhvi.
- Operation All-Out includes the Indian Army,Central Reserve Police Force , Jammu and Kashmir Police, Border Security Force and National Security Guard.
The worst of these civilian atrocities took place on two occasions-
Kulgam district on October 21, 2018, when an explosive left behind by government forces after an encounter exploded killing eight civilians besides injuring dozens of others.
Pulwama district on December 15, 2018, when the Army opened fire on protestors near an encounter site killing seven civilians and injuring many others.
The incidents of stone-pelting have come down from 2600 to a few dozen in the first half of 2019. The government circles and other relevant strategic quarters believe that the security situation has tremendously improved after the imposition of the governor rule, and there is intense fatigue in the valley.
Steps Taken under the Operation All Out:
- suspended mobile internet services
- All Educational institutions shall remain closed. Complete bar on holding any kind of public meetings or rallies during the period of operation of this order.
- The strength of the security personnel has been increased around vital installations such as the civil secretariat, police headquarters, airport and various central government establishments in the city.
- Barricades have been erected on many arterial roads, including the entry and exit points to Srinagar.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor S P Malik had Said that the Centre might be planning to do away with Article 35A of the Constitution (Article 35 A -empowers the Jammu and Kashmir state’s legislature to define “permanent residents” of the state and provide special rights and privileges to those permanent residents)
Click Here to Know About the Abolition of Article 370 Jammu and Kashmir-Separate Union Territories (UTs)
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?