Hello and welcome to exampundit. So, today we are sharing the detailed LIC AAO Job Profile. The LIC AAO Job Profile and responsibilities have been shared by one of our very own Aspirant, who is currently working as an AAO in LIC. Thanks Arun for sharing the information with us.
So, if you find it helpful, leave a comment below!
LIC AAO Job Profile
Each department contains assistant, HGA and officer. So, we have get work from them.
Branch has 7 departments, as a direct recruit officer, 2 dept. (usually) will be given firstly, though it depends on branch ( I am in charge of 3 Departments, few of my friends got 1 dept. also).
Officers have more financial powers (depends on value of amount). Then, HGAs are intermediate having less financial power and assistants have no financial powers.
LIC AAO JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
So, I was given account department, which included the following works:
- cashier allotment,
- smooth functioning cash counter,
- following AML guidelines,
- money transfer to divisional office as surplus,
- cheque writing,
- cash lodgement,
- cash counting and all money related matters
Accounts Department is linked with all other departments. So, we are one who pass/pay vouchers, prepare schedules for closing, bank reconciliation etc.
Office service department: So, this department includes all employee related matters, all employees including coolie workers payment voucher comes/prepared by this department, month end salary work ,increments, rent, office ambiance maintenance etc.
PROS & CONS of LIC AAO
- Tension free, you have freedom to complete work, as an officer you have no time limit(depends on branch ) , you have plenty of time to complete your work, all works are module driven(easy and basic)
- Respect(you will be called as DR and DR have great respect in these mighty organisation)
- Good promotion opportunities
- Very good salary
- Branch volume: customer base
- Training the newly promoted: I hardly find spare time, most of the employees are promoted (comes from sub staff) they don’t know how to operate module (mostly). So as an officer I am doing all the training.
- Union activities
LIC AAO Salary
So, now I am receiving 56,000/month as salary. Also, there are other allowances which are excluded from ₹56,000.
The other allowances include:
- ₹220 (newspaper),
- ₹400(mobile reimbursement),
- ₹800(entertainment expense),
- ₹1000(maid allowance – introduced this month) per month,
- Minimum lease of 8000/month for class c cities and it goes up to 21,000/month (metro)
- 13000/annum as medical reimbursement
- Suitcase, mobile reimbursement once in 3 years
You will always be busy in a day but its not stressful. So, as an LIC AAO, I strongly recommend everyone to pursue this and become an AAO in LIC.
So, Start preparing for LIC AAO 2019. For the Prelims Exam Study Plan, click here. We will be providing a mains plan as well.
Also, if you have any query, feel free to contact us on Facebook.
Check out the other Government Schemes PDFs from here.