With the release of the LIC AAO/AE 2020 Notification for the recruitment of Specialist Officers (168 AAO SO vacancies) and Assistant Engineers (50 vacancies for Assistant Engineers) and online preliminary exam tentatively scheduled to be held on 4th April 2020, it is high time now to start preparing for the Exam.
Here in this article we will provide you with some LIC AAO/AE exam preparation tips on how you can go about preparing for LIC AAO/AE 2020 Prelims Exams. We would first look at the prelim exam pattern & syllabus and then discuss on how to ace LIC AAO Prelims Exam in 5 simple steps.
LIC AAO/AE Exam Preparation Tips for Prelims
Ace LIC AAO Prelims Exam 2020 in 5 simple steps.
Step 1 – Know the Exam Pattern & Syllabus thoroughly
- Knowing the Exam Pattern and the complete Syllabus in its entirety is extremely necessary. This gives you a very fine idea of which topics to study so that you are saved from the unnecessary effort of practising the topics that are not asked in the exam thereby saving a lot of your precious time.
- Get the complete syllabus of prelims and mains phases of LIC AAO/AE exam as per the exam pattern here.
Step 2 – Make a timetable for yourself. Go according to the study plan you make.
- As per the time available with you, make a well-structured study plan keeping in mind the sections as per the exam pattern (English, Reasoning & Quants) and the topics given in the syllabus.
- Try to cover all the topics in your study plan so that you give adequate time to practise, test and analyse each of the topics to be asked in exam.
- Oliveboard has curated a 4-week study plan for LIC AAO/AE Prelims phase. You can refer to it here.
Step 3 – Brush up your basics and start practising
- Build your basics strong. Strong basics will help you solve any question that is thrown at you in the exam.
- As you get acquainted with the syllabus and having revised the fundamentals of each of the sections of the preliminary exam, start practising a number of questions from topics given in the syllabus through online quizzes and classes.
- You need to practice a sufficient number of questions from each topic under Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English sections.
- Although the English section is just qualifying in nature, but please do not make a mistake of ignoring this section as it can help you fetch high marks and ultimately increasing your prelim score.
- Read an English Newspaper daily and keep yourself updated with the latest current affairs and happenings in the world. This will also help you build your vocabulary for the Exam. Reading newspaper will also help you immensely while solving reading comprehension questions that come in the English sections of the Exam.
Step 4 – Take up Mock Tests at regular intervals.
- These would help to understand as to how you are performing in each of the sections as well overall.
- The test will act as a diagnostic attempt and tell your strength and weakness. The analytics part will help you identify as to where you lack and will also suggest how to improve upon it.
- You can also go for Topic Testsand Sectional Tests to form a grip in each of the topics and sections mentioned above.
Step 5 – Analyse your mock tests and practise questions on your weak topics.
- The analytics part after taking up the mock test will act as an eye-opener for you.
- It will help you identify as to where you lack and will also suggest how to improve upon it.
This was a 5-step process that you would help you go about the LIC AAO/AE 2020 Prelims preparation. We hope that you could implement the tips given here and benefit from them as well.
We wish you All the very Best for your preparation. Keep following Oliveboard for latest exam updates and preparation material.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?