India signed 9 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with Israel on 15 January 2018, during the visit of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to India.
Netanyahu is the first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in the span of the last 15 years and the second one overall. The only other Israeli Prime Minister to visit India was Ariel Sharon in 2003. Prime Minister Narendra Modi broke protocol to greet the Prime Minister at the airport, reciprocating the warmth he received when he visited Israel in July 2017, as Netanyahu had also received the Indian Prime Minister at the airport.
During Modi’s visit to Israel, both the leaders had promised to build a strategic partnership of hope, trust and progress of diverse and cutting-edge cooperation and of joint endeavours and shared successes.
Details of the MoUs
- MoU on Cyber Security Cooperation between India and Israel
- MoU between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and the Ministry of Energy on Cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector
- Protocol between India and Israel on Amendments to theAir Transport Agreement
- Agreement on Film-co-production between India and Israel
- MoU between the Central Council for Research in Homeopathy, Ministry of AYUSH and the Centre for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center on Cooperation in the field of Research in Homeopathic Medicine
- MoU between Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and the Technion- Israel Institute of Technology for cooperation in the field of space
- Memorandum of Intent between Invest India and Invest in Israel
- Letter of Intent between IOCL and Phinergy Ltd. For cooperation in the area of metal-air batteries
- Letter of Intent between IOCL and Yeda Research and Development Co Ltd for cooperation in the area of concentrated solar thermal technologies
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?