India and France on Saturday signed 14 agreements in key sectors in an effort to bolster the bilateral relations between the two sides.
List of MoUs/Agreements
- An agreement was signed on the prevention of illicit consumption and reduction of illicit traffic in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and chemical precursors and related offences.
- An agreement on India-France Migration and Mobility Partnership was signed between the two sides.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and France to facilitate mutual recognition of academic qualifications.
- A MoU between the Ministry of Railways and SNCF Motilities of France on technical cooperation was also signed in the field of railways.
- A Letter of Intent between India and France was signed for the creation of a permanent Indo-French Railways Forum.
- An agreement was signed between India and France regarding the provision of reciprocal logistics support between their country’s armed forces.
- A MoU between India and France on cooperation in the field of environment. It aims to establish a basis for the exchange of information between the Governments and technical experts of the two countries in the field of environment and climate change.
- An agreement between India and France was signed on the cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development.
- An agreement between India and France was signed regarding the exchange and reciprocal protection of classified or protected information.
- An Implementing arrangement between Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Central National D’EtudesSpatiales (CNES) was signed by India and France for pre-formulation studies of a maritime awareness mission.
- An industrial way forward agreement between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited and EDF, France was signed by the two sides.
- A bilateral arrangement between India and France was signed on cooperation in the matter of hydrography and maritime cartography.
- A credit facility agreement between India and France of 100 million euros was signed by India and France for funding of the Smart City projects.
- A MoU between National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and the National Solar Energy Institute (INES), France was signed between the two sides.