Herewith we have provided Important Days and Theme for each day. As we all know Important days and dates topic plays crucial role in all competitive exams. Aspirants those who prepared for competitive exams can get Daily Important Days and Theme 2020. In this page we have given Important Days and Theme in August 29.
Important Days and Theme – August 29
National Sports Day:
- India observes the National Sports Day, (Rashtriya Khel Divas), on 29 August to mark the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand.
- The National Sports Day was celebrated for the first time in 2012.
- The day is used as a platform to launch various sports schemes, events and seminars to spread awareness.
- Major Dhyan Chand Singh won Olympics gold medals for India in the years 1928, 1932 and 1936.
- He has scored over 400 goals in his career, from 1926 to 1948.
- He was popularly known as “The Wizard” for his magical touch, superb control, creativity and extraordinary goal-scoring feats.
International Day against Nuclear Tests:
- The International Day against Nuclear Tests is held on August 29 since 2010.
- The day aims to increase awareness about the effects of nuclear weapon test explosions.
- It was adopted by the UN General Assembly on December 2, 2009.
- The main goal of this day is to create a nuclear-weapon-free world.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?