The Bank related competitive exams are the most awaited and the tough ones to crack without proper preparation. Therefore, the aspirants must make a candid strategy to crack SBI Clerk Mains Exam. When it comes to the SBI Clerk syllabus for mains – General/Financial Awareness forms an important part. In this section, candidate’s knowledge is assessed in general knowledge, current affairs and awareness relating to the banking and financial news. So, along with the GK, the candidates must prepare for banking and financial awareness. Here are some tips to start you preparation with respect to general/financial awareness for SBI clerk Mains Exam.
How to prepare for General/Financial Awareness?
General awareness is the static GK and current affairs. Your preparation must revolve around the below topics for current affairs – National/International Current affairs, Economy Current Affairs:
- National Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- Person in News/ Awards
- Economy Current Affairs
- Important organizations : SEBI, RBI
- Credit rating Agencies: National & International
- FDI limits in different sectors
- Schemes launched by governments related to banking and finance
- Export and Import Items
- RBI Monetary Review
- Announcements made by RBI and other banks
- Business News: Mergers Acquisitions and Buyouts.
Preparation in the below topics under Static Affairs – Banking Theory and Banking Awareness:
- History of Banking in India: Which was the first bank to be setup in Madras province etc. Nationalization of Banks.
- Organizations: RBI; NABARD; Planning Commission; 5 year plans; Finance Commission; World Bank
- Reserve Bank of India’s role in Indian banking system.
- Economic/ Financial terms & concepts: GDP; GNP; PPP; HDI; Inflation; WPI; CPI; IIP; SLR; CRR; Repo rate; Reverse Repo; Bank rate; Mutual Funds, Open Market Operations; Money supply
- Foreign Exchange reserves of India.
- Different kind of accounts and corresponding interest rates
- Non-Banking Financial companies: Definition, Difference from bank etc.
- NPA and SARFAESI
- Acts, Committees & legislation: Budget 2016, Railway Budget 2016; Companies Bill 2013
- Banking services: Assets, liabilities and working capital of a bank; NEFT; RTGS; Banking Correspondence agents, Bancassurance, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- BASEL norms
- Financial Inclusion and various initiatives for it.
- Types of Markets, Money and banking instruments
- Reverse Mortgage Loans.
- Priority Sector Lending.
- Banking Abbreviations, terms and concepts.
- Headquarters of Banks
The Study Plan:
- The knowledge in these topics can be acquired from various sources such as the Newspapers, internet, and magazines.
- Watch national and international news, follow the fact based talk shows and debates.
- Prepare your own notes for a quick glance. Allocate 1 hour of preparation for Financial Awareness.
- Take SBI Clerk Mains mock tests, quizzes particularly in this section and see what your stand is.
- Check other current affairs books like CST, Chronicle or Wizard. Read the relevant articles in the most recent issues of the magazine.
This candid plan must make you perfect in this section. These tips were followed by the successful candidates, hence, do not ignore.
All the best.