How to Prepare GA for SBI PO 2019: Dear EP ‘ians, SBI PO 2019 Examination is the great opportunity for all banking aspirants to get placed in State Bank of India as probationary officer. SBI has conducted online examination for the same and preliminary examination was held on 8th , 9th , 15th , 16th June 2019 and result has been announced 29th June. Candidates who were shortlisted for mains examination which was scheduled on 20th July 2019 need to know How to Prepare GA for SBI PO 2019, here we have given the detailed Tips & SBI PO General Awareness Syllabus. Check this and share this article to all your friends.
How to Prepare GA for SBI PO 2019 – General Awareness Section
SBI PO prelims exam is over now and result was declared on 29th June 2019. Aspirants should start preparing for SBI PO Mains Exam now as only few days left. In this article, we are giving you the tips on how to score well in General Awareness Section in SBI PO Mains Exam.
SBI PO General Awareness Study Material
General awareness has always been taken at the lighter side by many of the aspirants not realizing that how major it can be in Bank exams. General Awareness is most scoring subject that increases the chances of selection in SBI PO Exam. In SBI PO Mains Exam, General Awareness Section consists of 40 marks. You will be given 35 minutes for this section. Banking Awareness, Static GK and Current Affairs are three parts of this section. Although we all know that the General Awareness section is very vast section for any exam. But it can be covered easily with the tips given below.
Static GK | How To Prepare Static GK For SBI PO 2019:
Static GK refers to the conventional or theoretical part which doesn’t change with time. In General Awareness Section, there are 05-10 questions from Static Gk. Here are some of the Important topics you need to refer for Static GK :
- Countries Currency & Capital
- Articles , Amendments , schedules
- National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries
- Power plants
- National & International Organisation Headquarters
- Dams on Rivers
- Cities on Rivers
- Famous Sports Stadiums in India and World
- Airports with name with famous personality
- Sports Terms and persons
- Important Awards & their Field
- Classical and Folk Dances of India
- Famous Temples, Mountains and Palaces
- First in world or India
- Famous Waterfalls
- States with their Capital, Chief Ministers and Governors
- Tribal Groups
- Country Parliament Name and their famous newspaper
- Indian States with International Borders
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India
Banking Awareness | How To Prepare General Awareness For SBI PO:
Some aspirants worry a lot about this Section, but it is easy to prepare. Around 10-15 questions from this portion will be there in General Awareness Section. Refer following topics for Banking Awareness :
- History of Banking in India
- Types of Banks, their functions, Capital requirement etc.
- RBI : Functions, subsidiaries of RBI, Training Centres, Key Persons
- Important Acta Related to Banking : Banking Regulation Act, Negotiable Instrument Act,
- International Banking Organisations : IMF, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, BRICS Bank
- Banking and Finance Terms & Financial Instruments in India
- Abbreviations on Banking
- Monetary Policy of India
- Payment Systems in India
- Merger and Acquisition in Banking
- Important Schemes related to Banking : Lead Bank Scheme, Gold Monetisation Scheme, Indradhanush Plan, Financial Inclusion
Current Affairs | How to Prepare for General Awareness for SBI PO 2019:
A continuous reading is required for understanding the current affairs as you will not be able to cover all the Current Affairs of last three-four months in a week. We recommend you to refer current affairs of last four months. Refer following topics for Current Affairs Section :
- Cabinet Approvals
- Schemes launched by Central and State Government
- International Affairs
- Important Committees and Meetings
- RBI in News
- News Related to Banking and Finance
- MoUs and Agreements in News
- Important Summits and Conferences
- India’s Ranking in Different Indexes
- Reports Published by Different Organisations
- Latest Awards and Recognitions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Important Days and Themes
- Sports Related News
- Books and Authors
- India’s GDP Rate Forecast by Different Organisations
You should not wait for the exam to start your preparations – the earlier you start, the more you will be able to cover the topics. The preparations for General Awareness can be tedious but it is necessary and scoring subject, and you can follow the following tips for preparation:
Here are some Important Tips to Score Well in General Awareness for SBI PO 2019:
(I) Devote at least one hour for reading the newspaper daily. Prepare current affairs notes from Exampundit and Newspaper. Mark the essential facts and keep make topic wise files/notes to revise on a few days before the exam.
(II) Daily Cover any Static GK topic and Banking Awareness Topic. Make your own notes. Try to collect all the Important Information from different sources.
(III) Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz. So it can be revised on the next day. Also attempt at least one Static Gk and Banking Awareness Quiz. Here is the link to attempt the quiz :
(IV) Have a glance on previous year questions asked in GA Section of Bank Exams. You will get an idea about topic wise questions asked in this section.
(V) Don’t try to mug up all the static Gk topics in a day. Would there be a difference between someone who mugs up 100 facts in a day and forgets them all after few days and someone who learns only few but remembers them all? Obviously, first will succeed. Therefore make a schedule considering the days left for Mains Exam and then start accordingly.
(VI) To remember Gk and Banking Awareness, try to make a picture or story in mind and connect that topic with other related topics also. This way you will be able to remember the things easily and that will help you remember it for a long time. It is a proven fact that our mind remembers pictures more than something we hear or read.
We hope you find this article helpful to score well in General Awareness Section. If you have any doubts/query in General Awareness Section, please comment below.
Note: We have launched separate webiste for Free PDF which has All Free PDF Materials, Topic wise questions on Reasoning, Aptitude, English, General Awareness, Current Affairs, Insurance Awareness, Banking Awareness, Previous Year Question Paper and more. Visit: pdf.exampundit.in
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!