SBI Clerk Exams are one of the most awaited and reputed exams. A lot of candidates join the coaching classes to crack this exam. It is as well possible to crack it by diligently doing a self-study. A large number of candidates attempt many times too, but a few make it in the first attempt. It is important to know the pattern of the exam and follow a preparation strategy to crack this exam. Take a look at these tips on how to prepare for SBI Clerk exams without coaching.
- Firstly, let us know the SBI Clerk exam pattern.
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- This year, the pattern has been slightly changed. The major changes are Sectional timings (20 minutes for each section) for the three different sections (English, Reasoning, and Quants) and No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects are prescribed.
- Secondly, the candidates must be aware of the syllabus in and out. You need to make a study plan and follow it strictly too.
- I recommend you to attempt a couple of SBI Clerk mock tests and identify the gaps as in, the areas you are strong and the topics that you are weak.
- Prepare a study plan that has easy, moderate and difficult topics covered on a daily basis.
- Usually, after the notification about the clerical exam, there would be about 2 to 3 months before the exam. Prepare a plan that you can cover in this time.
- Cover the topics that are basics, so that other topics can be kept under either easy, moderate or difficult tabs in your study plan.
- Ensure that the concepts are understood and you are confident to solve them accurately.
- After finishing at least 50% of the SBI Clerk syllabus, start taking the online mock tests. Self-assessment is very helpful, but do not start right away because if you are unable to make a good attempt, you may lose confidence.
- Instead, attempt those questions in the quizzes of which the topics are already covered. This will you help you in improving speed as well as accuracy.
The above preparation strategy and tips for SBI Clerk will certainly help you in cracking the clerical exams. Follow the schedule and never pile up a lot of topics. Stay away from entertainment for a while, though it is a good way to take short breaks in between during your preparation. You could just go for a short walk, have some debate with the like-minded group or listen to some soft music.