SSC CGL is a reputed examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission of India. It is a Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) conducted to recruit various officers to serve in the offices of Central Government. SSC has released SSC CGL notification 2018. The exam will be held from 25th July to 20th August 2018. The applicants precisely have 2 months to prepare for SSC CGL Exam. The candidates must be aware of the SSC CGL syllabus and the exam pattern thoroughly. This article will provide the SSC CGL Tier I Exam pattern and the preparation tips to crack exam in 2 months.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern:
This exam is held in three tiers, this is Tier I Exam pattern. The duration of the exam is of 60 Minutes and there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks.
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|B||General Awareness (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions)||50 marks|
|D||English Comprehensive (25 Questions)||50 marks|
SSC CGL 2 month study plan:
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Solve 50 questions on reasoning on daily basis. Practice the solutions where you may have gone wrong. Practice 75 questions in General Awareness within 30 minutes should help you prepare for this section.
- Puzzles, analogy, coding-decoding, series, figure-based questions, etc. are scoring topics. Solve such questions from model question papers, previous year papers and SSC CGL test series.
- Develop your visual imagination to solve non-verbal reasoning topics like image assembling, figure-counting, etc.
- Attempt at least 15- 20 questions accurately in 20 Minutes. This can be achieved by solving as many questions papers as you can to improve accuracy and speed.
- Questions on Culture, Indian History, Geography, Environment, Economy and Polity come under static GK. Prepare short notes to memorize important dates, books and authors, awards etc.
- General Awareness can be best developed by watching the news, watching various fact-based talk shows, reading newspapers, magazines etc.
- Television channels like NDTV, ABP News, and Times now etc. to stay updated about the events around the world. These days, even news apps are available to keep you updated.
- Subscribe to magazines/books, a few publications also provide books particularly on General Awareness and Current Affairs.
- It is a very good way to make short notes or flashcards with important dates, books and authors etc, to make a quick revision.
One of the most time-consuming and challenging sections is Quantitative Aptitude. It is because of the complexity and time taking while solving these questions. Therefore, it is important to practice more of these questions to enhance accuracy and speed.
- Start with the topics such as percentage, profit & loss, ratio & proportion, speed distance & time, boat & stream, data interpretation etc.
- Practice on the online apps and analyze where you are lagging behind and practice more to solve better.
- Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems are easy and scoring so spend more time on these topics.
- It is also important to go through the short methods and techniques to solve a problem. Memorize the formulae wherever necessary.
- Take mock tests on a regular basis, self-assessment is important to check your stand and identify your focus areas.
In this section, you must remember that there will be three important aspects of the test of English and they are Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension.
- Error Spotting, Phase Replacement, Fill in the Blanks are the topics to be concentrated in Grammar. Practice 30 questions each day.
- You may have to rewind what you have learned during your school days. Grammar concepts like Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Degrees of Comparison, Subject-Verb Agreement, Conjunctions, Parts of Speech, Standard Construction, Adverbs, Number in Nouns, etc.
- Reading is the key to gain knowledge in vocabulary. Reading magazines, newspapers definitely improve your language as well as it can cover your current affairs section too. Make a note of the vague words and find out the meaning and usage.
- Practice not less than 10 comprehension passages on a daily basis from the previous year question papers.
- Mock tests, previous year question papers, model papers prepare you for the exam by all means.
You can attempt sectional mock tests every day until the time of the exam. Preparation and revision can help you crack this exam. You have 2 months to prepare, accelerate your preparation by taking help from our site.